Author Thread: Should Women of God display their cleavages, or is it a sin? You take the test!
Admin

Should Women of God display their cleavages, or is it a sin? You take the test!
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 09:17 AM

Would a mature Woman of God entice men by wearing clothing with her cleavage showing, and allow any man to lust on her bosom?

I already know the answer; but I am curious as to what you all think.

Do you think it is godly to show the cleavage, which if you state "IT IS", are you for "seeing more", as in this would make her more spiritually appealing? :rolleyes:

Or, are you of the mind, that a Woman of God is not to put her wares out for others to "lust upon them" and ponder if they'd like to see more? :prayingm:

Which is it??

Please answer with an appropriate symbol, for example:

MORE = is super religious? :yay:

NONE = is a Real Woman of God? :angel:

My answer is :devil: I believe it is a wicked thing for women to display their bodies and use them as bait.

awm

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 09:38 AM

Good question awm, God instructs us ALL both mwne and women not to do ANYTHING that will cause our weak brothers or sisters to stumble from the faith. A woman professing to be a Christian woman of God should not not only keep her wares hidden, but she should also not wear clothing that reveal any parts of her body before others in public.

It makes me very sad when I see women even phonots on this forum in profiles where the women are showing all hier goddies, and then at the same time professing to be holy and a godly woman. As well as in church women wearing clothing that are too tight and the dress is too short, looking as if she just walked in out of the night clubs or off the streets, etc.

A godly women is to look godly and be godly in conduct, behavior and her clothing is to express and be and exmaple of who she is on the insdie.

Here's what God has to say about the matter.

I Timothy 2:9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 10:18 AM

Thank you ET; you hit the nail on the head as a Woman of God. It is so sad to see these preachers afraid to take on the clothing industry, but allow whoredom to reign, all for a few coins.

"Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, �Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy and say to those shepherds, �Thus says the Lord GOD, �Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock? �You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat sheep without feeding the flock." [Ezekiel 34:1-3]

It takes genuine INtegrity to stand for the truth, and be perceived as "being a square" or whatever name they want to label you with.

Excellent comment ET, thanks again..

awm

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 11:18 AM

1 Timothy 2:9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.

*** Amen ! AMEN !!!...Good Word Always...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:25 PM

Let's get REAL... Let us not forget that being properly dressed as becoming a godly woman also APPLIES to men as well.... because there are men who confess and profess they are godly men of God, and yet THEY TOO, TRY TO ENTICE WOMEN, WITH WHAT THEY THINK IS THEIR MANHOOD... wearing tight pants exposing the imprints of thier 'NUTS AND BOLTS":ROFL: ... even some ministers in the pulpit. This is why it is so very important that ministers, both menand women of God's Word, who are in front of a congregation or a grooup of people should wear robes or loose fiting clothing when ministrering the word of God in the pulpit or in public.

And men who profess and confess to be born again godly men should also dress becoming godly men... if your pants are too tight, wear a jockey strap or briefs and stuck your JUNK away in hidding...it ain't seeing how much you got that impresses women, its what you can do with the little you do have:excited:bow:

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:44 PM

I agree with all of you. Write that one down in the books. :ROFL:

Both men and women in this veil of tears are a disgrace, and should hang their heads to call themselves Christians and dress as they do.

I have been in a lot of churches all denominations, it is a shame how professing Christians dress.

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 01:02 PM

I will go further and say not only should a godly woman not show her flesh but she should not wear clothes even if she is coverd from neck to ankles that shows the curves of her body, they should not be so tighth that you can see the wrinkles in her hiney, If Ididnt have to wear pants to work in I would wear dresses every where I do but for some reason long pants is part of our dress code. I wear jeans but I am uncomfortable in them, I feel like well I know men are looking at me but we have to wear them!I was thinking about buying a bunch of sweat pants but I dont know if I can get by with that. I know that men lust after things we dont realize, like the sape of a womans neck and so on, of corse some men are just gross and cam look at anything and get warmed up! But it is our responsibility to do our best not to wear anything that makes them lust

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 01:39 PM

I agree, Godly dress is important; as the bible addresses that also.

Both men and women are a mess sometimes in churches and especially on these sites, wearing all kinds of revealing clothes and saying they are Christian. Not very good

character for a Christian I would say.

:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 03:20 PM

Good Grief!

Suddenly AWM is being reasonable and everyone is just accepting what the Bible has to say!

Mark your calendars........

I agree with everyone here and I would like to add my two cents, and this goes for men and women.

Rather than be legalistic and write up rules, I think it is better to just teach and follow principles LIKE THE BIBLE TEACHES.

That verse in 1 Timothy that Jude shared is a key verse.

I think we should teach the principle of modesty that we should dress in such a way that the opposite gender will not be focused on our body parts, but rather our faces and overall demeanor.

In Christ,

James

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 03:28 PM

*** :glow:...Thank you James...I only jus re-quoted Ella's share...for the Scripture she quoted SAYS IT ALL...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2011 05:15 AM

SirJames writes:

"Good Grief! [you sound like Charlie Brown]

Suddenly AWM is being reasonable and everyone is just accepting what the Bible has to say!

Mark your calendars........

I agree with everyone here and I would like to add my two cents, and this goes for men and women.

Rather than be legalistic and write up rules, I think it is better to just teach and follow principles LIKE THE BIBLE TEACHES.

I think we should teach the principle of modesty that we should dress in such a way that the opposite gender will not be focused on our body parts, but rather our faces and overall demeanor.

In Christ, James

[end]

James, you are a "hater", and only grace can get you over that hurdle.

You follow me, ever trying to magnify yourself, through demeaning me, and son, "that dog won't hunt!"

Grace is, "coming into the knowledge of who you are in God," apart from any distractions and thoughts of why the world is the way it is.

You whined, "Suddenly AWM is being reasonable and everyone is just accepting what the Bible has to say!"

I shudder to think that you believe that "men believe upon the Holy Writ simply because of something another does or says"!

You really have no knowledge of the power of the Word of God. You have denigrated it and reduced It to the words of a man.

And then you whined again, "Rather than be legalistic and write up rules, I think it is better to just teach and follow principles LIKE THE BIBLE TEACHES."

There is nothing in this post that is legalistic. We are all merely stating the wisdom of God, which is that "women are not to have their cleavage fully exposed", or as Elisha pointed out, of her being compelled to wear clothing that is designed for a man, and is too tight, and revealing

of a woman's body parts.

James, what is really going on here, is "You want to be viewed as THE GREAT CALVINIST SCHOLAR", and the methods of your getting others to listen to you, involves running around complaining about the other guy, thinking that those presented with your garbage will all listen to you, simply because you huff and puff, and apply puffery of your own making..so that you may appear to rise above others.

Puffery doesn't work on me!

[According to Wikipedia: "Puffery as a legal term refers to promotional statements and claims that express subjective rather than objective views, which no "reasonable person" would take literally.[1] Puffery serves to "puff up" an exaggerated image of what is being described and is especially featured in testimonials.]

You my boy, are all smoke and mirrors. You missed your calling; you should have worked in a circus training dogs and monkeys to jump ropes..

I am not going to bark for you, and nor do I follow the commands of "sit" very well either.

Simply go away James, go away..

awm

Page : 1 2