Admin

When Godly People Do Ungodly Things
Posted : 16 Dec, 2011 10:24 PM

Book by Beth Moore! Awesome! Must read!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2011 04:45 PM

I have this book, I haven't read it yet.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2011 09:34 PM

I couldn't put it down. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2013 07:30 PM

BOOK REVIEW:

When Godly People Do Ungodly Things: Arming Yourself in the Age of Seduction

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Beth Moore is a writer and teacher of best-selling books and Bible studies whose public speaking engagements carry her all over the United States. A dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters, Moore lives in Houston, Texas, where she is president and founder of Living Proof Ministries. Her books include Praying God�s Word, Believing God, Breaking Free, When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, A Heart Like His, The Beloved Disciple, among others.

First, a word about the audience this book addresses.

1. It does not address carnality. Sinners are already lost - they are not Godly.

2. It does not address frauds. People that pretend to be Christians but lead a life opposed to God are sinners dressing up as lovers of God. She points out that just because someone fails does not mean they are fraudulent. Fraudulent believers never really lived for God anyway.

This book addresses people who walk with God daily, yet fall into pits of sin doing ungodly things.

2 Corinthians 11

2 For I am zealous for you with a godly eagerness and a divine jealousy, for I have betrothed you to one Husband, to present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But I am fearful, lest that even as the serpent beguiled Eve by his cunning, so your minds may be corrupted and seduced from wholehearted and sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Secondly, Some Christians believe it is not possible to be seduced one once you are a Christian. Beth Moore writes that this is false and is proved true by the above scripture (among others). Christians are being seduced TODAY. Consider David - a man after God's own heart - He fell into an adulterous relationship and didn't realize what he had done until the prophet revealed it to him! She writes that those of us who are already walking with God need to beware. We are living in the age of seduction and we who walk with God can fall into traps. Knowing this, we should feel the sense of urgency to guard ourselves against being deceived.

Beth Moore explains that she has received countless letters from true believers that have fallen into traps. Godly people that have a history of walking with God, but fall into sin share some common denominators that she shares in this book.

I highly recommend that every believer in Jesus Christ should read this book - NOW!