Author Thread: WHAT IS LOVE?
Manscottell

View Profile
History
WHAT IS LOVE?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2011 06:22 PM

To know God is to know love. Without having a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, you cannot experience what unconditional love is.

If you have never experienced love it is impossible to love yourself. If you can't love yourself you cannot give love or love others.It is impossible to give what you don't have. Accept Christ as your Lord and Savior then you can experience the greatest love ever, and with his spirit in you, you can love yourself and others unconditionally.

Pastor Scott Ogun.

View Profile
History
WHAT IS LOVE?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2011 07:34 PM

:applause: that's a good word Pastor Scott... thanks for sharing! And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

ella

View Profile
History
WHAT IS LOVE?
Posted : 29 Dec, 2011 06:29 PM

The question is "What is Love?... Love can be said to be the very nature of God, deep in the heart of ones soul and emotions that God that He has shared with man, and man is to share it with others.

It does not matter if it is in a loving frinsuhip between to people who express their emotions and hearts to each other in a mraital relationship or it its in a loving friendship... Love is still an expression of the heart of God.

LOVE is very essential to man's relationship with God and with others in any kind of relationship. And there is no such things as falling out of love with a mate, most likely it was never true love to start with, if you fall out of love... maybe it was a false postive reaction to lust mixed with deep infatuation, which is a copy-cat to true love and is based on fleshy passions and attractions.

In I Corinthians 13:4-8, we are given a discription or you can say the attribuites or charcater of LOVE and its behavior as to how LOVE conducts its self. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Marriage And The Family Article...

Here are the different kind of love spoken about in the Bible:

Agapao (verb) is a special word representing the divine love of God toward His Son, human beings in general and believers. It is also used to depict the outwardly focused love God expects believers to have for one another. Agapao (including its noun form, agape) is "the characteristic word of Christianity, and since the Spirit of revelation has used it to express ideas previously unknown, inquiry into its use, whether in Greek literature or in the Septuagint, throws but little light upon its distinctive meaning in the N[ew] T[estament] . . ."

This special type of Christian love, "whether exercised toward the brethren, or toward men generally, is not an impulse from the feelings, it does not always run with the natural inclinations, nor does it spend itself only upon those for whom some affinity is discovered" (Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, "Love").

Reflecting the fact that human marriage is modeled after the divine relationship between Christ and the Church, husbands are told to love their wives with this kind of outgoing, selfless love (Ephesians:5:25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;, 31-32).

This kind of love is perhaps best expressed in Jesus Christ's statement in John:15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends., "Greater love [agape] has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." Jesus Himself perfectly exemplified this kind of love throughout His lifetime, continually giving of Himself and His time and energies to serve others and ultimately offering up His life as a sacrifice for all of humanity. This is the kind of love God wants each of us to exemplify in our lives and particularly in our marriages.

Phileo (verb) means "'to have ardent affection and feeling'�a type of impulsive love" (Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary, 1995, "Love"). This is the natural, human type of love and affection that we have for a friend and is often defined as "brotherly love."

In John:21:15-16. So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.]He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep., Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him with the agapao type of love and Peter responded that he had the normal human phileo type of love for Him. Later, after receiving the Holy Spirit, Peter would be able to genuinely demonstrate agapao-type godly love, serving others throughout his lifetime and making the ultimate sacrifice in martyrdom.

Eros (noun) refers to sexual, erotic love or desire.

True love, as explained in the Bible, isn't focused on oneself and one's feelings or emotions, but is instead outwardly focused on others�wanting to best serve and care for them.

http://www.ucg.org/booklet/marriage-and-family-missing-dimension/divorce-proof-your-marriage/different-kinds-love-menti/

View Profile
History
WHAT IS LOVE?
Posted : 14 Apr, 2012 11:25 AM

baby don't hurt me

don't hurt me

no more