Author Thread: Seriously I want to date this girl
Admin

Seriously I want to date this girl
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 02:30 PM

I know that Valentine's day is next Saturday and

there's this girl I knew since the Christmas holidays and yeah

she made me smile, 2 days ago I was drinking coffee with one of her friends and her friend gave me that girls number ever since then I haven t stop thinking about this girl well her name is Samantha and I think she is beautiful, I've prayed to god about bringing me someone special, i know god can work in mysterious ways, but did i know he brought me her no I didn't. but im going to trust god that he did do that for me, I know she not christian but I want to lead her to Christ because I believe a real relationship has to have Christ in it or there will not be happiness, Why don't y'all just pray for me and Samantha

my real name is timothy, drama may accure but let it be a good type of drama, something from my heart

I need your help guyz and girlz

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 04:44 PM

Ok, Ti-mooooo-thy!...now look at ya. Here goes... You're all excited about a girl and seeking prayer that God will approve of this girl for you, because she has appealed to your "EYES", your "he-motions" and not your heart.

You say you want God to bring you a christian girl which means , someone He approves of for you. Outside of what she looks like in the physical... what do the two of you have in common spiritually, that makes you think or know she is the right one for you to date? What are her spiritual qualities?... Will she invlove herself with you in church activities and Bible studies? Or will/does she make excuses as to why she can't attend these with you?

If you are seeking someone God approves of for you, if this gilr isn't a christian, do you really think that this si God's will for you? Think about it before you take that "leap of faith" in your flesh...:winksmile:...

Why not you pray that God ONLY allow the woman He has chosen for you to come into your life, and all others who may come, let them come but just as a friend. This way you will not get your heart broken again for making the wrong choice.

I will put my prayer in the Prayer Request section for you...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 05:06 PM

Leap,

I agree with Ella and I will pray that God would bring a strong Christian girl into your life. My brother you know that the word says that we are not to be unequally yoked together with an unbeliever. You will have no common ground on which to build a relationship. Without God at the center of a relationship it will never work. What you are considering is called missionary dating and it almost never works. Remember it is easier for someone to pull you down, than for you to pull them up. It's just the way gravity works my friend.

In Christ, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 05:24 PM

You Have gotten some great advice from these Godly ladies. And you know enough of the word to know they are telling you the truth. You are doing what men commonly do when we are physically attracted to someone, we try to justify it. I can not condemn you for this, I have done it myself, but that doesn't make it right.

I will say one more thing, then I will leave you to your choice. God isn't the only one who will whisper things in your ear, or put a beautiful woman in your path. Christian men like to ride the fence, one foot in righteousness, the other in the world. Remember, the devil owns the fence.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 05:27 PM

Father, I pray your will alone be done in this situation, and whatever that is, bless our brother Timothy with a Godly woman, whether this one or another.

In Jesus name,

Amen

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 11:34 PM

Lord, where two or more are gathered in your name there you are. I agree with my brother Leon and knowing that your ways are always higher than ours I just ask that you keep Timothy in your will. I know you will Lord.

In your precious name Jesus.

Amen

Nesaida

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 05:37 AM

AMEN AND AMEN!!! :prayingf:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 11:52 AM

Riding the fence....Well, we do know who sits up there and watches. His view is a little closer to the flesh than God's from heaven and knows how to brush that flower close so the scent is wonderful to the senses...Be careful...even the prettiest flower can really be a weed...You are looking at the wild side of the fence instead of the side that has been nurtured, manicured, seeded, fertilized, taken care of, watered, etc...by the Hand that loves it! Somehow, that side of the fence always has an appeal instead of the well manicured lawn...But it makes walking diffiucult and can easily trip you up! Stay focused on God and give him a chance to prune her before picking! Take care!

Robin

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 02:04 PM

Strawberi,

What an interesting and insightful phrase: Give God a chance to prune our future partners. That makes total sense. He can nurture them, prune them back where needed, and mold them until they are just right for us. And in the meantime, do the same for us. Thank you for that delightful, inspirational, and very appropriate analogy.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2009 10:17 AM

Here is another side:

My grandfather led my grandmother to Christ before they got married and were married for about 40 years before he passed away. God can lead you to the one He has for you so you can lead them to Him. I am not saying that this is definitely the case but it is something to pray about.