Author Thread: A CHALLENGING QUESTION: Which is worse?
river7

View Profile
History
A CHALLENGING QUESTION: Which is worse?
Posted : 10 Feb, 2012 12:21 AM

this question has to do with a family member. They were engaged and are now married to this person. The person was not a christian when they married my question is this: Is it better for them to have premarital sex and not marry until the person becomes a christian or the relationship ends. Or marry the person and hope the person accepts Christ. I know that both choices are wrong and the Godly choice is not to even date a non Christian in the first place, However that was not chosen in this case. These are the only two answers to chose from. If marriage is a blood covenant between the Lord and the couple, is it the lesser of two evils to have sex before marriage with a non-christian than to make a covenant with God knowing going into it that there is a good chance it might be broken abstaining was not an option or a choice in this question: Which is worse to have sex out side of marriage with a non christian or enter into a non-christian/ christian marriage and possibly break the marriage covenant with the Lord?

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2012 04:26 PM

The question is not challenging.

There is no lesser evils, Disobediance is just that

Disobediance. God will be the judge of what this

person did.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2012 08:21 AM

Hmm, what people have to understand is that when you stand at the altar and you recite your vows, when the officiant declares you man and wife you sign your wedding certificate which makes it legally. But it's when you have sex you have consummated the marriage, giving oneself to the other is where the spiritual side of it comes in. "The two shall be joined and become one flesh." That is why when a marriage is not consummated it can be annulled. That's why it's important to wait till marriage to have sex because it creates a soul tie and you are bound to that person.

Read this that I found on a site below;

Sexual Soul Ties

Since the sexual union of marriage ties two souls as one, what do you think happens if a person commits fornication or adultery with another person outside of the marriage? Actually, your soul becomes mysteriously knit and tied to the other person also. They cleaved together just as in marriage. The soul ties formed through illicit sexual involvement can be as strong and binding as those formed through the marriage covenant.

Gen 34:1-3 And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob went out to seethe daughters of the land. And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her. And his soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the damsel, and spake kindly unto the damsel.

The above scriptures give an illustration of how fornication and immorality form soul ties Actually Shechem did not love Dinah he just lusted for after he had raped her.

Gen 34:8 And Hamor communed with them, saying the soul of my son Shechem longeth for your daughter: I pray you give her him to wife. Sexual involvement can form such entangling tentacles of soul ties that it is extremely hard to break off the relationship.

But on to the other issue, if two ppl get married and in the course of that marriage one of the two gets saved the bible promises in 1 Corinthians 7:14

New International Version (�1984)

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

But don't kid yourself it is going to be hard, it would be better to marry a believer so that you may not be unequally yoked. But going into the relationship knowing these things and then going as far as getting married is borrowing trouble. the believer should first repent for any disobedience and pray that God can work it out for good. Now the case may be this is the person they were supposed to be with but the timing is wrong in the sense they jumped ahead of God and went and got married. But all in all God is forgiving and more importantly a restorer.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2012 09:38 PM

Being with a Christian doesn't require a person to begin reading the Bible (though they could be influenced to do so).

Being with a non-Christian doesn't require a person to have sex out of marriage (though they could be influenced to do so).

In college, when I wasn't a Christian, I had a 3 year relationship with a woman who was. We didn't have sex. Looking back, we're both glad we made that choice.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2012 11:11 AM

they are both the same WRONG. neither one is worse then the other but both are very wrong in the eyes of God.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2012 08:38 AM

to me We need to pray and trust the Lord...seek him and give him your all...and he will show you and give you your desires! To be equally yoked with your spouse as the Lord chooses for each...means to share totally God's word in agreement with one another....as to be all we can be for God each and every day....to be used by Him to bring Him Glory and Honor in all we do...as we are truly nothing without Him...Lord said "If We can't contain...then to marry."

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2012 08:38 AM

to me We need to pray and trust the Lord...seek him and give him your all...and he will show you and give you your desires! To be equally yoked with your spouse as the Lord chooses for each...means to share totally God's word in agreement with one another....as to be all we can be for God each and every day....to be used by Him to bring Him Glory and Honor in all we do...as we are truly nothing without Him...Lord said "If We can't contain...then to marry."

joycounselor

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2014 09:41 PM

By keeping you eyes on the Lord, You don't get

so much into stuff,:bouncy: that makes you crazy.

joycounselor

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2014 09:42 PM

If you keep your eyes on the Lord, You don't get caught up in all craziness.:bouncy: