Author Thread: widowed and betrayed
Admin

widowed and betrayed
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 10:12 PM

i am a widowed man with 4 children. my wife and brother had a short affair then she committed suicide. i never got to ask why or what was wrong with me.being 36 and trying to start over is hard because women dont wanna take someone with 4 kids.i pray 4 god to send me someone who would love me and my kids.even though the oldest kids are my stepkids i consider them my own because i have raised them for 9 years.their dads are on the run and have never been around the whole time ive been in their lives.they consider me their father.me and my youngest son draw ssi. so alot of women dont want that.please pray and if anyone has thoughts and advice or is interested send info or reply

View Profile
History
widowed and betrayed
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 03:34 PM

Hi JFFL,

Welcome to the boards. I am so very sorry to hear about your wife, the test of faith you're going through at this time. Moreover, I would that you be encouraged in knowing that these things in our life didn't come to stay, the Word of God tells us that they came to pass. Therefore, this too shall pass.

Also, know that in the midst of all our darkness, the is light for your feet to walk in the path God has/is directing us, is always shining in our darkness, if we obey and follow that light. Light shines into darkness, but darkness has no light.

So you must stay strong and encourage yourself in the things of the Lord, and follow the light on the path God is directing you in continuing caring for your children. Doesn't matter whether they are step or yours, they are God's children and your reward is from God, if you care for them with a loving fatherly heart. Nothing just happens, and everything in our lives God has divinely ordained and He knows the end resutls, and our responses, and why He has allowed things to happen to us and those we love so dearly.

So I say to you, Lift up your head O ye gates, and you be lifted up, you everlasting doors, and the king of glory will come in and give you comfort from your burdens. But remember, burdens are our blessings , building our character into a closer realstionship with God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.

God promises to lighten our heavy loads if we endure. So hang on until the ride is over and faint not! For this too, shall pass! God bless, and I did pray for you and your family, upon first reading your post :prayingf:.:glow:

ella

View Profile
History
widowed and betrayed
Posted : 18 Feb, 2009 05:35 AM

Jesusfreak4life,

My heart cries fir you. The lowest part of my life is when I grew the most in Christ. God will make good of ALL!! God loves you so very very much. Is this love that will sustain you...if you let it. Is a choice that God gave us. God has an unimaginable future for you if you stay on His path, let Him lead you. You and your children are on my prayer list. As tears come thinking of the place you are now.

Move from victory to victory in HIM. Not looking to the left or right...keeping your eyes on HIM. Call things that be not as though they were, in other words....fake it til you make it. Call things as you want them to be, as God would have them...is not easy...I know....but will get better as you do this.

May God bless you abundantly in your time of need!!

In Christ, Trudi