Author Thread: I know this is probably a weird or stupid question but here goes...
Admin

I know this is probably a weird or stupid question but here goes...
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 07:23 PM

What is the real reason for male and female besides procriation? I mean one can exist with out the other but one always longs for the other, why? If I never plan on getting married is it wrong if I have sex cause I long to be close with the opposite sex? I'm still a virgin though but it seems like a crime to die a virgin though just cause I don't marry.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 08:29 PM

Procreation is only a small part of marriage. Originally, it was the most important part, but with the world populated, I feel the importance of it has declined. Just my opinion.

You long for a marriage relationship for a couple of reasons, I will start with the spiritual, since it is the reason for the physical.

When God took the rib from Adam, it was not a random act. He knew that man would know that a part of himself was missing. He would feel like he wasn't whole, because he isn't. He is missing a rib.

God used this rib to create Eve, He didn't have to, He could just as easily made her from the dust, or from thin air for that matter. But He chose to make her from Adam's rib, so that we would recognize the part of us that is missing. We know our rib when we come across it. And we want it, no....we need it, to feel whole. That is why the Bible uses the phrase, the two shall become one flesh. Not one spirit as you would expect, but much, much more than that. As Jesus said, I and my Father are one, so should you and your wife be one.

God did not say one spirit because we are not supposed to become that, He didn't say it because it should never have to be said, it should be a given. The two of you join back together, becoming one flesh, as such there is no room for me, it is always we. That is why I think independence is such a terrible thing, it stops you from fulfilling God's plan for a married couple.

The physical longing you feel is God's way of telling us we have reached the age to start looking for our rib, these are the hormones that enabled the human race to survive. Young men and women get these feelings because child bearing and rearing is easier at a young age. These things fade with age, but never go completely away.

As for it being a shame to die a virgin, that is your hormones talking. If you don't want to die a virgin, find a wife. It is the man's job to pursue. Start going after what you want, don't think it will come to you. You will get rejected, everyone does, but so what? It is only your pride that gets hurt.

God's favor,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Feb, 2009 04:32 PM

Wow, Thanks Leon. That was really laid out nicely. I mean I've heard it that way before but I never really put much thought into it. Well I know you're right though, and I guess the only real thing besides trying to be the man that a woman would want is to be pray to God and seek my wife through him cause I truely want something ordained by God. I want the perfect woman for me in christ. I really wish to raise a christian family like my grandfather did. My grandfather is a minister and I feel there's no coincidence to why I was born on his birthday(July 1st) and that I would most likely follow in his footsteps. All I know though is I want to be a good man, find a woman to marry and love aslong as be both shall live, and to die with dignity knowing that I did the best I can. It's just hard I guess cause I still feel like a boy inside and I haven't fully become a man yet. You really are a blessing though Leon. I thank you so much for your many words of wisdom.