Author Thread: Online Dating etiquette; What's proper?
Admin

Online Dating etiquette; What's proper?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 03:24 PM

What's the proper online dating etiquette for males & females?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2009 07:43 PM

Right Chosen, and the disappearing trick usually comes when they can no longer impress you with mere words. I just rid of two of this kind... I want to be with you, to see you face to face so we can better talk?... well, suuur, if you can't communicate and express yourself to me online through emails, PM's and IM's, or by phone, what in the WORLD would you have to say to me face to face up close in person?...dud!...:yay::goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2009 08:10 PM

Walter, Walter, Walter, will we never agree on this? LOL. I guess not, since we both have discussed it about 20 times now. LOL. Maybe it only seems like 20.

I think God will send you the perfect mate, if you are willing to wait for His time. He knows the number of hairs on your head, but can't be bothered to pick a mate for you? This doesn't make sense to me. God wants us to seek Him before doing anything....why would He want that, if He wasn't going to get actively involved?

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2009 10:38 PM

Ms. Ella, I agree with you 100%! It seems that if a man doesn�t have enough respect for you to communicate with you each day or something similar, he still needs some work, especially on an internet dating site; it doesn�t take much! LOL! But I would like to ask, when or at what time do you decide to give someone your real email address or phone number? Do you wait for him to ask for it?...Several times? LOL

Chosen, You are not alone!! I really don�t understand it either. It seems it�s easier to �run� online, maybe? Who knows? But, rest assured, we are better off if they do �run�! LOL

Miranda, Have you experienced an influx from Cameroon? I have. They seem to be very similar. Copy and paste, maybe? LOL!

Leon & Walter, thank yall for sharing and opening up with all of us! You are both so intelligent!

When it comes to the topic of �Free Will�, a phrase keeps popping into my mind, �The last decision we make with our Free Will, is to accept Him as our Lord and Savior which, in turn, means we submit to Him. We gladly give up our free will and obey Him.�

I believe that God knows our hearts and if we pray, earnestly, He will give us the desires of our hearts whether it be a helpmate, new job, protection, or anything else! He�s so wonderful!! He knows everything! We just have to know and believe and have patience.

I love the Lord!! :yay:

Tandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 12:54 AM

Hi Tandy,

We can never give up our free will. That is simply not a biblical concept. We have free will to accept Christ and we have free will to abandon Christ and forfeit our salvation permanently.

1Cor 7:39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

Whose wish [will] is it that determines whom they marry? Her will not God's will. God's will is that they be a Christian. But it is your will whom you choose to marry.

Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the LORD.

Who is it that seeks a wife?

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 06:56 AM

Hello Tandy,

Here is the other side of the coin about who picks our mate. Do you think Mary was free to choose someone other than Joseph? What about Isaac? His father's servant chose her after praying for a sign from God. There are so many examples of this in the Bible that it would take too long to post them all. All these marriages were blessed, and none ended in divorce like they do if we decide.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 08:50 AM

Hola Walter & Leon! :)

Thank yall for taking the time to share your feelings! I really appreciate it!

I feel that we have free will to do what we please, but as Christians, we should choose to do whatever it is that pleases God; by proxy, giving up our free will voluntarily.

I had the free will to marry whom I pleased, and did so without consulting God. It ended in divorce, so my next marriage will be with someone, I feel, God has picked for me. I think if that is what I truly desire in my heart, and I pray earnestly for it, God will give it to me.

As it reads, �only in the Lord,� perhaps it means that the �she� it refers to IS a Christian, and will seek God�s guidance in the matter of remarrying. I don�t know for sure but that is the way I read it.

I suppose I�m trying to say that I agree with you and Leon! :) We have free will to make any decision we want, whether our motives are worldly or to be in obedience. But, I also agree that God steps in whenever He needs. I don�t think Mary had a choice. Perhaps Joseph could have run for the hills, but if an angel came to me�personally�and told me what God�s plan was! Whew! I�d do EXACTLY as I was told! LOL!! Kind of like, when God puts His foot down, He puts His foot down and that�s it. No more questions. LOL

Many thanks to you all!

Tandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 09:05 AM

LOL. God's favor in your search Tandy. You seem like a wise young lady. I wish I had been so together at your age, but I had this whole pride thing going that really seems to get in the way. LOL. I still have to watch out for it. It likes to slip in when I am not paying attention, as I'm sure Lydia will attest.

Love and laughter,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 09:07 AM

Hi there Tandy,

God bless you... You are asking some mighty good questions. Personally, I think there really isn't a need to giev out your email address right away to a man you're dating or thinking you dating (had to throw that in there, LOL).

Listen, if you and a man are engaged in communicating with each other on this site, and the both of you have come to conclude that you should hook up as an item, and he asks for your email address. I think two factors must first be taken into account. (1) Has he indeed shown himself faithful in making daily contact with you (not you making the contact asking him where he's been or whatever) but has he been faithful to contact you over the course of this falling for each other process? (2) How long have the two of you been communicating consistantly on the site, before deciding this is love?

Again, if a man isn't faithful in proving himself without you being the one to always reach out and touch him by PM or IM, while you're online dating, what make you think he's going to do any better if he has your home information?

In such case as judging when to give him your personal information. If you just need a time frame, I would say after knowing him for three(3) months. Look, lets get real... when you first get a job, you're not even considered a permanent employee until AFTER you have proven yourself worthy to be considered a hired employee, and the waiting period is what?... until after your 90 days.:yay: how much more longer then should you wait before you be so trusting to give out your personal information or trust a man/woman with your personal information.

Trusting someone with your heart, mind, soul, and spirit before he/she has proven themsleves worthy of this information is a big task to consider? I mean, I will give him my home information provided that he has not had more than three writes within the three (3) months time frame we decided to become an item...hmmm, maybe this should be without NO write up either:yay:

But seriously, think about it... an employer makes you wait three months before you receive any company benefits or is considered on staff employee. But we are so in a hurry we trust people with all of who we are, on a word of a promise, but we can't trust God for all He's done and proven for us... amazing!

Now, Walter.... firstly where in the world did you get the idea that man has FREE WILL?... where in scripture do you find this concept?

As I stated man's free will is only disobedience and rebellion. Our choice to abandon or receive Christ has nothing to do with free will (as you call it) Again, it is a choice to obey or disobey. Neither does I Corinthians chpater 7: verse 39 have anything to do with free will or making wrong choices, and what does Proverb chapter 12: verse 22 have to do with a person choice or free wil (again as you call it) Who is seeking a wife?... uh, excuse me?... God is the only person who has free wil. He's free to do as He pleases in ALL thing without asking your or my permission, because He and ONLY He is sovereign. ONLY a person who has sovereignty has rule and a right to FREE WILL!... and that ONLY someobdy is God. Man can't even decide for himself what to eat for breakfast in the morning , so where do you suppose he find the pwoer to have free wil to do as he pleases...

We have freedom through Chirst to make choices and that does not consitute FREE WILL.. Only GOD HAS FREE WILL! Because He's sovereign. Man isn't soveregin.

I Samuel tell us that God sent this owrd to Saul, which is for us as well. Rebellion is the same sin as witchcraft. And stubbornness is the same as the sin of iniquity and idolatry, becasue you have rejected the word pf the Lord. He also has rejected you from being king." It was Saul's free will to reject God's word, it was him working witchcraft on himself, by trying to make something happed in the way he wanted it to happen and not God's way. That wasn't free will, that was as God calls it SIN, witchcraft, stubbornness rebellion, iniquity(wickedness) idolatry, rejecting God's word is SIn all these things are SIN.

Paul makes it even more clearer in Roman chapter 7; verses 12-25; For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. Because what I will (wish) to do, this is what I do not practice, but what I hate, this is what I do. If, then, I do those things that I will (wish) not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but SIN that lives in me. Because I know that in me (that is in my flesh) there is nothing that is good, for to will is present with me, but how to perform that which is good I do not find. For the good that I will(wish/desire) to do, I do not do, but the evil I will not to do, this is what I practice.

Again, man has no free will, you're either under control as Paul writes in Galatians chapter 5, under one of three things: (1) Your own flesh (2) The spirit of the devil, who helps work with you against God (3) or The Holy Spirit of God. And God says that man's flesh and that of the devil (satan)are at contrary (war) to the will of God, so that we do not do those things in obedience to God's word or as we wish(will/desire) to do. We war against the Spirit of the Lord...

So explain your biblical stance of where you get this notion that man has free wil, outside of sin and disobedience?

Sorry, so long, but I had to touch on this with Walter...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 09:19 AM

I suppose my free will is controlling my typing!:yay:... I guess, because I keep typing and making all kind of typos... :ROFL::excited:

But it is that I have free will to keep going or stop? Or is it that I have made the choice to keep going and not stop?...:toomuch:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 09:27 AM

Ella,

You are so lucky I already found Lydia! I would be knocking on your door about now if I were single! LOL. Great post, my feelings exactly. I have my eye on you. LOL.

Blessings,

Leon

Page : 1 2 3 4