Author Thread: Online Dating etiquette; What's proper?
Admin

Online Dating etiquette; What's proper?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 03:24 PM

What's the proper online dating etiquette for males & females?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 11:31 AM

Leon, love ya man. I know... huh... Lydia is a beautiful person, and you just remeber what I said when I first came on this board, I refuse to get into a cat fight with her over you, I will nothave her scratching out my eyes-balls:yay:

But, my questions is, where is Walter getting his insights?... wher is FREE WILL in scripture?:excited:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 12:58 PM

Ah come on Ella, just a little cat fight? LOL. Just kidding, I am quite happy with the lady God sent me (Especially since she reads these posts). LOL. Hi honey. :purpleangel:

Theological Debate

The story is told of a group of theologians who were discussing the tension between predestination and free will. Things became so heated that the group broke up into two opposing factions. But one man, not knowing which to join, stood for a moment trying to decide. At last he joined the predestination group. 'Who sent you here?" they asked. 'No one sent me," he replied. 'I came of my own free will." 'Free will!" they exclaimed. 'You can't join us! You belong with the other group!" So he followed their orders and went to the other clique. There someone asked, 'When did you decide to join us?" The young man replied, 'Well, I didn't really decide,I was sent here." 'Sent here!" they shouted. 'You can't join us unless you have decided by your own free will!"

This debate will be fought from now until Jesus returns and tells everyone the truth. Walter and I are on opposite ends of this one, but agree on much. It is all about theology, and the way you choose to look at things. I included the joke because it is almost that funny, how these two factions have been warring with each other over the years. It is almost like the Pharisees and Sadducees, they only united against Jesus. Makes you think.

Love and peace,

Leon

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 05:26 PM

Tandy, I agree that we are better off if they run. I just can�t understand the logic.

Leon and Ella you always have some wise advice. I tend to agree with you on the issue of God helping in mate selection. If He wants me to lean not to my own understanding and acknowledge him in all my ways, why would choosing who I marry be something I do of my own will? However, I lack all the theological references to back up this train of thought. I just believe who I choose to spend a major part of life matters to God.

Leon and Walter I love the sweet spirit in which the two of you disagree.

God Bless

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 06:28 PM

T,

Yes I get all kinds of messages from people from different countries. In the past three weeks or so I've had 2 marriage proposals, haha.

That's a little too forward for me though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 11:56 AM

Angel,

Maybe I am just getting old, but you don't look old enough to be getting married. LOL. I know you are, but I looked at your profile, and that pic of you and the baby. You looked about 12 years old. I know, all us old folks say the same things. LOL.

At least you are getting offers. It could be worse.

Blessings,

Leon

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 03:03 PM

Geez, I usually hear 18 or early 20�s, but 12? Come on Leon, I�m more than double that. LoL.

I never felt old until about 6 months ago - a 7 year old called me old. Haha.

---------------

I don�t want those type of offers. But, you�re right - it could be worse.

God bless,

Miranda

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 09:50 PM

Psst. Ella,

Now is the time to tell Leon,

Well honey child, if you have your eye on me, and you are already taken, then find me an arranged mate already. Come on now....snapping fingers....get busy.

Grin, just couldn't resist.

Blessings,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 11:13 PM

I see how it works now. Now that I have somebody and I'm safe....now y'all Texas gals start talking to me. You were afraid I would show up on your doorstep, weren't you? LOL.

I live in a small town, and to be honest...I don't think I would recommend anyone here, except me. LOL. You know how these towns work, there's a reason people are single here, and the whole town knows it. LOL.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 04:08 PM

My take on this internet dating is somewhat paralelled with what God says, How can you say, you love God whom you have not seen, and hate your brother whom you see daily. So if a woman or man can't develop a close devoted relationship with a person you cannot see, how is it that seeing that person is going to bring the two of you in closeness?

I mean, not seeing a person and only communicating at a distance for a season, show establish the trust factor as in our relationship with God whom we cannot see, which is the beginning of a loving relationship. If you're not faithful in contacting me by phone or email daily and keeping me filled with confidence in knowing... and I'm assured that you're being faithful, and committed to me while we're not together. It would seem to me that you will not be the same once we meet and are together seeing each other. Does that make sense?...

Makes ALOT of sense to me. I think that actions says alot more than I LOVE YOU (words) "sometimes" and that is a good example you stated why. I would be looking out for your book. jk

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 09:26 PM

Hello, ETCallHome, you're right. You would expect someone who wants to get to know you and is seriously looking for someone the Lord sends them to spend more time and energy in communicating with you than they do. Some men that I have communicated with seem like they would put more thought and attention to buying new shoes than they would in communicating seriously with me. As you said, if they don't want to communicate regularly with me now and take the time to do it, why would they do it later. Most of us are on here because we are looking for the person God has for us. We're not trying to decide where to eat. It takes effort. And once we find the person, in my opinion, we should hang on and make regular contact. We shouldn't be putting more thought into what TV show we're going to watch than communicating with someone we think may be the one God has for us and expect good results.

The way to get to know you is to communicate with you, but some people seem so flippant about it, I wonder if they are serious at all about their search. I am very serious about mine and want to find the person God has for me. I am willing to be intensive, therefore, and put time and faith into it.

Page : 1 2 3 4