Author Thread: God Sent Him...
Admin

God Sent Him...
Posted : 5 May, 2012 10:26 AM

My son is in the room with me so I'm sure I'll have to excuse myself and go outside to collect myself. (I know you all can't see this, but just a little glimpse there of what's goin on with me.)

I think it's rare that you meet someone that you know God brought into your life, for a reason, even if you don't know why. That's what He did for me and a friend of mine...a close friend. This gentleman and I have not dated, but messaged on here, and now have been talking on the phone. This is one of those friendships where you know the first time you talk that it's very rare, and the two of you met for a reason.

I'm not saying this amazing man and I will ever get together, but I thank God for him. The first phone conversation we had, I was just a liil bit nervous. And I think what broke the ice was him. When he answered the phone it sounded like I had woke him up. I asked him if I did and he said no...I wasn't convinced (and HATE to wake some one up!) so I asked him again...you sure I didn't wake you up? His response was simply, "Oh stop it." Lol...from that moment on we have laughed, knew when the other one was joking, and the jokes just rolled right out of our mouths. I felt like I had known him forever!

He's an evangelist and has gotten to preach in many different churches. We've both been through amazingly hurtful situations and if for no other reason that could be why God let us meet. To be a friend to each other.

Recently I felt burdened. Such a heavy heart and I knew I needed to pray. I felt that on two different occasions. I got on my knees and cried out to the Lord. After the second time I prayed, the burden seemed to lift. I didn't feel burdened anymore. And I felt like it was my friend that I needed to pray for...him and I, or something. Just yesterday my friend found out he will have to have chemo, apparently because of his thyroid. He won't use the word cancer... the doctors are going to run more tests.

I've never seen this gentleman. (And that term for his is not used loosely) He told me he doesn't want me to get attached to him...said nobody should have to go through that (having to take care of someone and see them sick, etc) He said you are the type of person who anybody would fall in love with. Open your heart, he said, and let somebody love you. He said I don't know what's going to happen with me. He did say, however, that he knew God could heal him. It was crushing to me to hear him say those things. But I asked him anyway (even after the sweet things he had said...) Is it me, or your health? He said how long have we been talking? I said well quite a while... he said and you still don't know me.. (LOL) he said it's not you...it's my health.

So now I pray. What do you want me to do Lord? Show me what to do. What can I do, if anything, for this special, loving man I've come to know.

I've come to a conclusion (one that I already knew), that God knows. He knows the future. I asked this man, we can still be friends and talk can't we? (He had in no way indicated we couldn't). He said oh yea! Til the day they put me in the grave...and even after that, he said. He said, "If your light bulb blows, THAT'S ME.

What an awesome God we serve. One who would work His perfect plan in our lives. However hurtful, or however happy. He always brings us through it, through to the other side....and makes us stronger for it.

Thanks to God first...and my thoughts are always with you MS. Love you in the Lord......

View Profile
History
God Sent Him...
Posted : 8 May, 2012 10:56 AM

JC,

You brought tears to my eyes.

More and more Christian men are in desperate need of the refuge which can only be found within a true Godly woman. I believe you have probably been a wonderful blessing in this man's life. Through your friendship you are showing him how God sees him, loves him and appreciates him and by God's grace you'll continue to do so. Although I don't know this man, I want to thank you for being there for him and in such an amazingly selfless way.

I will being praying for you both.

Max

View Profile
History
God Sent Him...
Posted : 8 May, 2012 11:04 AM

JC,

I hope you don't mind, but I just asked for prayer for you and your friend in the "Prayer Request" section of the forums.

View Profile
History
God Sent Him...
Posted : 9 May, 2012 04:32 PM

Thanks Max. I sent you a message. Please post updates about yourself, k? I'm very touched by your forum responses to me. That's very sweet. Where's that lady that's supposed to walk into your life Max?? I'd say she missed her train cuz she's waaaay late!!!

My prayers are with ya Max. :angel:

View Profile
History
God Sent Him...
Posted : 9 May, 2012 05:01 PM

That's very sweet of you JC :)

There's actually a very special lady I've been talking to on this site whom I've known for several years. I just hope she can look beyond me to my relationship with Christ :/

I'm not sure how to tell her what I found out today...

View Profile
History
God Sent Him...
Posted : 10 May, 2012 05:21 AM

Max,

I just prayed for you this morning, and will continue to. If your Princess loves you she'll stick around and help you through it. It will be painful for her, and I'm sure she'll cry. Are ya good with crying women? LOL.

In all sincerety buddy, I hope she does ok. I'll be praying for the both of you.

You take care.

JC

View Profile
History
God Sent Him...
Posted : 12 May, 2012 09:01 AM

JC,

Thank you so much for your prayers and your kindness.

As far as this Princess goes,

Just knowing her has been blessing enough. She showed me the Lord in a way I'd never known Him before and I'll be forever grateful.

:)

View Profile
History
God Sent Him...
Posted : 12 May, 2012 04:04 PM

That's wonderful Max. It's so good to meet people like that. They're such a rare find. God bless ya buddy, and your boys and that special young lady.

JC