Author Thread: Memorial Day
teach_ib

View Profile
History
Memorial Day
Posted : 25 May, 2012 02:11 PM

Thanks to all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our nation. My thoughts and prayers are with those family members and friends who supported one or more of these brave men and women.

One gave His life for the ultimate freedom of all, many gave their lives for our freedom.

Just as not everyone appreciates Christ's death for them, not everyone appreciates the sacrifices of the men and women who fight to keep this a free country. Fighting for this country doesn't mean just keeping a presence here but also means going to fight in/for other countries to keep the devastation of war from our land.

View Profile
History
Memorial Day
Posted : 28 May, 2012 09:19 PM

Although I served in the military during a mostly peaceful time I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve my country and would fight for it still given the need.

The only thing that happened during my service was the taking of our people as hostages in Iran in 1979. One day some of my friends had disappeared overnight in order to respond to the situation. Fortunately they returned without harm.

I wish we lived in a world in which no war was necessary but as long as evil exists, wars will happen. I pray that our soldiers are always safe and return home to their families and their lives.

I enjoy the VA benefits that I received by my service and a disability I received as a result of my service. I am well taken care of by the VA for my medical needs and have recently returned to school because of my disability.

The Lord blessed me when I entered the service. He kept me off a plane that crashed in South Korea and it wasn't until I was saved that I fully understood why I was not on that plane.

Now the Lord is blessing me in my affliction of arthritis by providing for me. I will never be rich with money but I am rich from His Blessings.

May so many more realize these same riches that only the Lord can provide. Thank you, Father for all the little things I took for granted because I was on your path for longer than I have known Your Son whom through I am saved.

Thank You Lord for the opportunities You have given to serve You and I pray that I have followed You in a way that is pleasing.

Amen.