Author Thread: suicide
Admin

suicide
Posted : 27 May, 2012 05:11 PM

Is the word suicide in the bible and can you go to heaven even if you commit suicide?

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 21 Jun, 2012 08:36 PM

russellsbrn

I agree.

Only if you reject Jesus. Suicide does not send a person

to hell.

:angel:

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 28 Jun, 2012 11:58 PM

Suicide is not used in the Bible. And if one commits suicide they don't deserve heaven! Life is a gift of God,why take it?

Apostelle

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 09:25 PM

Suicide is murder. Before death, you have not commited suicide. After death, it is too late to ask forgiveness. Even Satan believes in the Father. By killing yourself, you have rejected God's gift of life. Trust in God. Give your problems to God. There is nothing He can not handle.

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 11:10 PM

The bible does not really talk much about suicide though it gives examples of the people who committed suicide for example Judas in Mathew 27:3-5, Saul in 1 Samuel 31:3-6, Samson in Judges, Ahithophel in 2 Samuel 17:22-24 and many others.

In my opinion, just like we did not come to this world by our own effort but by God's,I do think that we have no right whatsoever to take our lives or commit suicide and i do not think that suicide makes God happy!

I know that sometimes we may face difficult times in our lives(Job, Paul and others in the in the bible did) but then we should be able to look back and say" who am i to take my life if i cannot even add a second to it?). If you truly believe in God and trust him with your life completely, you will never commit suicide, you will always hold on and count on his promised...

There are so many faith building verses in the bible; The bible always has answers, It always has something to say about every situation you are in, be it Defeat, Doubt, Confusion, Heartbreaks,Grief, Fear, Rejection...and besides that nothing can separate us from the love of God! We just have to always pray for God's grace and guidance to lead us through

All am saying is that a Christian has no excuse to commit suicide!

I know! working with children is really challenging, they ask so many simple but tricky questions.

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 11:52 PM

I know that it is not in our position to tell whether someone who has committed suicide will go to hell or not(we are definitely not the fourth person in the Trinity) but think about this;

"How shall we mature as Christians if we do not face trials in life?"( am basing this on the fact that suicide is always a result of depression, defeat...).

In James 1:2-3 James tell us that the testing of our faith develops perseverance and perseverance must finish it's work so that we may be mature and be Complete! To me, taking your life would mean that you are taking matters to your own hands...Literally, it would be like saying" Okay God, you have failed to get me out of this so let me do it my own way" really? is that what God wants of us? I believe that God wants us to let out confidence rest in him and his word!After all, who are we without him?

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 9 Jul, 2012 09:17 PM

Nobody knows whether or not suicide is a bar to Heaven, but Christianity has always condemned the act.

Killing yourself is essentially throwing down your cross, which is completely contrary to Christ and his fortitude, and seeing through to completion what he had to.

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 05:39 AM

Yes, you can "still go to heaven."

No, you shouldn't commit suicide.

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 11:22 AM

suicide

Definition

su�i�cide[ s i sd ]

su�i�cides Plural

NOUN

killing yourself: the act of deliberately killing yourself

somebody who commits suicide: somebody who intentionally kills himself or herself

doing something against own best interests: the act of doing something that seems contrary to your own best interests and seems likely to lead to a disaster.

I believe what Samson did was directly within the will of God to bring judgement to the Philistines, it was not his intention to kill himself though it was a direct result of His actions.

I apologize for my bluntness but having personal experience with this I must comment.

Suicide engages none of the fruits of the spirit it is done in the flesh so it cannot be perceived as something good something that if done will allow us into glory, it seems to me if that was the case when we go through hard times we can just kill ourselves and go to heaven quicker.

I attempted it eight times by trying to slit my wrists. I was in so much pain enduring years of verbal and mental abuse sometimes physical, I loved the Lord so much but I just wanted out and each time I put the knife to my wrist before I could cut myself I heard the Holy Spirit ask me "Where will you go after?" and he told me to hold on. Saints although I was in pain beyond what I thought I could bear I could not fathom being separated from Almighty God that is a punishment worse than everlasting death itself.

Taking your own life is sinful because it is a selfish act that basically denies the power of God to heal you or deliver you from whatever we are going through. We were called to suffer in this world (1 Peter ch 4), not in vain but that God's glory be revealed in us. Let us suffer successfully as Paul did who went through trials that some of us have not even dreamed of facing yet. Suicide is brought on by despair and depression and has no place in the life of a true believer today one that knows their God.

Be encouraged today.

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 12 Sep, 2012 07:44 PM

Hebrews 10:38 says, "Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."

The phrase "draws back" means "give up" or "resign." I think, suicide means the person is giving up. So, that's what Hebrews is talking about. If you don't trust in God, then you feel like you're carrying the whole world on your shoulders and it can weigh you down.

So, why would a person resign? I am not God, so I am not going to say whether XYZ is going to hell or heaven for killing himself or herself. But the Bible clearly says that if we resign due to a lack of trust or lack of faith in God, then He has no pleasure in us.

bren01

View Profile
History
suicide
Posted : 10 Oct, 2012 12:07 PM

What about the person that is a Christian, but develops pychotic episodes, (such as hearing voices to kill themselves)? I dont like to think that God's love stops with a suicidal person that can not help a disease that has progressed by no fault of their own. I used to work in a mental hosiptal, I seen many, many mentally ill people that loved and believed in God and Jesus as their Savior. A previous statement was made that if a person is a Christian they would have no reason to commit suicide. I find that disturbing, as I know by working with those suffering with schizophenia and other debillatating mental diseases that they do not enjoy being in that state, but also can not change what is wrong with them. Medications can improve conditions, but they suffer life long. When they hear or see things that tell them to kill themselves they feel the messages are real, even have had patients tell me that they have seen or heard Jesus tell them to take their life. It is heart breaking to me to think these poeple would not be "allowed" into heaven. They have feelings and believe in Christ the same as I do. John 3:16 states that "whoever" believes in Him shall not parish but have everlasting life. It doesnt say just certain types of people. The only sin that is not forgiven is blasphamy against the Holy Spirit. Jesus states this Himself in Matthew 12:31-32. I am thankful for for God's grace and love toward those with mental conditions and that He is not conditional with those that can be with Him in Heaven,but that we ALL can believe and not parish as long as we ask forgivness and donot blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

I am sorry for my soap box. I have a soft heart for those with mental illnesses and know they cant help what they have to suffer through, I feel satan's attack on them is the mental illness, which is not their fault, but God has love for them also. I like to believe that He knows their true heart and when they do go to Heaven they will no longer be suffering with these diseases.

Page : 1 2 3