Author Thread: Dedicated to my Daddy.....
Admin

Dedicated to my Daddy.....
Posted : 17 Jun, 2012 07:32 AM

Some people call their dad father, dad, daddy, pops, or different names. I call my dad "Daddy". Yep, I'm 44 years old and I still call him Daddy.

Daddy raised us kids in church, my two sisters and my younger brother. There were times when we didn't want to go, but we had to. Now I know it was for our own good. And I'm soo thankful my daddy taught me about the Lord. The first Bible verse he ever taught us was John 3:16.

Daddy was strict, but he had good intentions. He was looking out for us. He was looking out for all the things in the world that could hurt us.

Chinese fire drills, in public restaurants, (he sorta tried to calm us down cuz when we got tickled everybody knew it.)

Almost every year daddy took us on vacation. That was always fun for us.

Daddy was always protective of us kids, even with people of the church. When you're a p.k. sometimes people tend to put us on a pedastool, and if we mess up they think it's the worst thing in the world!! A church member one time couldn't believe my sisters and I argued...really?? Lol... But Daddy told the church not to judge his kids. I believe the words he said were, "If you have a problem come to me and talk about it."

Or school...if we had a problem at school, Daddy was "Johnny on the spot." Lol... And when he took care of it he meant business.

Our family has been through some pretty rough stuff, but we are close. Daddy is an ordained bishop in the Pentecostal Church of God. That's the highest rank you can have other than being a state overseer. I'm so proud of Daddy, and if I ever have questions about the Bible I ask him, or my Mom.

So to my Daddy, even though he won't see this, I love you Daddy. Thank you for introducing me to Jesus. And thank you for putting your arms around me and crying with me when I was so hurt. Love you Daddy. From (one) of your babygirls.

View Profile
History
Dedicated to my Daddy.....
Posted : 17 Jun, 2012 02:57 PM

JC,

I enjoyed reading about your special daddy and how he took very good care of you all. I use to call my dad , daddy, also. He too was strict with my brother and I. At the time we were growing up, I thought he was too strict. But I'm so thankful now, that he was. Even though he couldn't always make it to church, we still had to go. What a wonderful daddy he was for us, to raise us as christians. I miss him very much. I love you daddy.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!