Author Thread: Does Age Matter???
mssuplada21

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 08:45 AM

What would be the advantage and disadvantage of having partner of the same age??

and

What would be the advantage and disadvantage of having 10+ age gap??

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 12:20 PM

Each relationship is different. 10+ years is not really unusual. However, if she is 18 and he is 75, that is very strange. I have found over the years that many young women in their mid/late 20's-30's are looking for marriage, while men of the same age are still wanting to remain single and "have a good time".

I have been a devout, born-again Christian since I was a young teenager. If God had revealed to me the woman I was to marry, then I would not be single. This was not His plan. Looking back I can see His wisdom in doing this as I was not properly prepared to be a husband. It is the same with many men, devout as they may be. While I am now settled and prepared for marriage, God has instilled in me the ability to control my desires and to await His instructions in regards to marriage. If the woman is 5 years younger or 15 years younger, it is no different. It is His will I heed, not my own.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 03:43 PM

Yes agae matters, it is not just a number. lol

If the Woman is much older than the man it probably will not be a good match. However, if the Man is 10-20 years older than his wife he chose, it probably would work out fine for

Him. lol Many Older Christian men are ready for marriage.

A young woman may want to considered a Older man if she is about 25-30 never been married. Cause many her age group

may not be ready for committment.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 12 Jul, 2012 12:40 PM

I've always been attracted to 10+ men since I can remember. My friends thought I am unconsciously looking for a dad as my Dad wasnt really a great dad. Now,that I'm mature I am careful not to pick older men because we want to live long together right? Lol.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 12 Jul, 2012 06:52 PM

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 14 Jul, 2012 09:08 AM

On my opinion, Age is doesn't matter...

what is matter is maturity of our future spouse..

Somebody could be very older in age but not in Character,

somebody could be at the same age but mature in Character..

It's not about how old is our Spouse, but how deep and wide is his/her Christian character..

there are some couples on bible with very different age gap, example: Abram and Sarah.. :)

may God bless us :waving:

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 14 Jul, 2012 09:53 AM

I think the difference between the spouses to 10 + (but not more than 15) is normal. In my opinion the man should be older than his wife.

God bless you!

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:47 AM

If I married someone my own age, I would have more in common with them. That would be a positive. The negative is that I would be condemned to never have children. Thats why I would never date someone my own age.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:47 AM

If I married someone my own age, I would have more in common with them. That would be a positive. The negative is that I would be condemned to never have children. Thats why I would never date someone my own age.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 31 Jul, 2012 07:03 PM

This is true to some extent. Sadly, in many other countries, women seem to esteem families higher than they do here in the US (in general, there are exceptions). The comment someone made about people not being ready to commit is also true, mainly due to deceptive television and other cultural messages that tell us how personal relationships are no longer important. We need to put more focus and emphasis on the family and less on the rat-race for things that will not last forever. People's spirits are not temporal and will last for eternity. God is the one who created the idea of family anyways!

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 1 Sep, 2012 03:12 PM

Apostelle

there are women in their 40' s and 50's having Children today.

And many have healthy Children as well. Some women are career ladies and never been married or had Children and still want that like yourself.

Some young women can not have Children and adopt. Or many young women are Single and already have Children.

As I am sure we all know.

Page : 1 2