Author Thread: When The Hurt And The Healer Collide
Admin

When The Hurt And The Healer Collide
Posted : 22 Jul, 2012 09:55 AM

We've all had our share of pain in life. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Christian song "The Hurt and the Healer." I lsiten to this song quite often and it's as if the song is explaining my life.

Sometimes we have nowhere to go but to the Lord. The song says "You're all I have, all that remains". "So here I am, what's left of me..." Our hearts are broken. Our lives have been shattered. It seems there's nothing left of us. We have fought until we have lost the strength to fight. So here I am Lord, what's left of me.

We feel so broken that breathing is all that we can do. " Pain so deep that I can hardly move." Psalms 6:2 says, "Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed." But the Bible says in Psalms 34:18, 19: "The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all." The song says "Lord take hold and pull me through". When I hear that I picture myself so far down, as in a hole even, and the Lord's hand reaches waaay down in that dark place and pulls me up out of that hole.

The song: "I'm alive, even though a part of me has died, You take this heart and breathe it back to life. I fall into Your arms open wide, when the hurt and the Healer collide." When we are at the lowest point in our lives, let's keep our eyes completely fixed on Him, on Jesus. He will pull us through. When the hurt of this life meets the Healer who is able to mend broken hearts, breathes life back into a lifeless heart, when the two collide, there is miraculous healing! Jesus has overcome the world. Healing is all in His mighty hand that reached down and pulled us through. He's in contnrol. When we seek Him, we will find Him. He wants to heal us. He wants us to be whole again.

All this being said I am saying to myself also because it's easy to get distracted by the trial I'm going through and take my eyes off Him. But if I look to Him, for all my needs, look to Him when I have nowhere to go, He will pull me up out of that fiery trial, and when the hurt and the Healer collide, the Healier wins everytime!!

Psalms 107:20: "He sent His word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions."

Matthew 7:7,8: "Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh recieveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 03:36 PM

JC,

Amen! Our Precious Lord will get you through these rough times. You're in my prayers and hope you are feeling much better. God bless...:glow:Kay

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2012 10:01 AM

I love that song!! When I was in the midst of brokenness this song came on the radio, and I cried and cried. Cause I know my Jesus lives, and it is he who takes us through, each storm each trial and we come out victorious because we KNOW him..

Keep your eyes upon him and he will keep you in perfect peace. Isiah 26:3

Blessings to you :

SmileDL:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2012 11:41 PM

Thank you ladies for your responses. The Lord is definitely where our peace comes from. He's always with us!