Author Thread: Greetings Sports Fans!
Admin

Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 07:55 PM

Gentlemen, since most of you have no problem speaking from your heart. I'm going to pose a question. Alright, maybe a couple. I'm curious. It's a pretty cool thing when a woman loves sports as much as the next guy, but how do you really feel when you find out that she can wipe the floor with you on the field? Seriously, you two are hanging out and decide to go to a park and throw a football or a baseball around and you realize she's got a killer arm? Or you show up at one of her softball games and nearly fall off the bleachers as you witness her go yard in the second inning? (lol!) My brothers in Jesus, would it bruise your fragile male ego if your friends showed up at the co-ed game yelling out loud "stud" from the bleachers thinking it's for you, then you realize they meant it for your all-star athlete gal pal & fellow teammate?

C'mon, guys! Let's get some truth in the booth. :boxing:

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 10:14 PM

LOL. You really want to start something, don't you? LOL.

Yes, it matters. Should it matter? Probably not. But if it happened to me, I would have to work on it until I was better than her. That's as honest as I can get. However, I have always been super competitive and did the same thing if anyone, male or female, was better than me. That is one of the reasons I don't play any competitive sports, they bring out a side of me I don't like. That person died at the foot of the cross. I want him to stay there.

Blessings,

Leon

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 04:55 AM

I think it will be cool because I have always enjoyed seeing female hag toe to toe with a guy. Most of the females I have dated will tell you I am aggressive with them when it cameto any kind if sports and to run across someone that will give me a match :applause: I love the thought of that:dancingp:

Leon.

I think you handle yourself well with that 10 round fight:boxing: on the other post. I SEE WHY THE BIBLE SAY AVOID FOOLISH AND UNLEARED QUESTIONS that create strife. That young lady motives was wrong from the start.

She took the picture and looked at it and saw the samething we saw and POSTED IT ANYWAY.......told me her motives.

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 06:49 AM

I love this question. I think the answer is not a simple yes or no.

First off I would love it if a girl was as into athletics and sports as I am. It would be great aggressively discussing issues in sports. There are a few sports I am rather good at and it would be tough for me to accept that I was not as good as you would be. If you were way better than me and most other men as well. It would make me proud to be associated/married/dating you. If you were only a little better. I would work hard to be better than you are. And if our relationship was solid I would probably let my frustration show if I didn't get better than you. In the end I would really like it overall and would consider it a huge asset to find in a woman.

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 07:18 AM

singer,

What a fun post! I was a tomboy when I was young and used to play football, box, and beat up boys! As an adult I have engaged in kick boxing and bodybuilding.

In the past when in the beginning stages of a relationship the man has thought was neat that I would go to the gym with him, but after a while would become annoyed that I could lift heavier weights than him. So I think a man has to be very secure in who he is to date an athletic woman. Just my 2 cents.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 07:45 AM

Mike, thanks Bro. I know better, but I get caught up every once in a while. I like your answer on this one. I just know that I am too competitive to even consider something like that. I don't get mad at them for being better, I get mad at myself for not being the best.

My sister was here telling me about my nephew being the same way. He picked up one of my old sayings from before,"Second place is just the first loser", and she was telling me he is just like me. I need to try to stop him before he gets as bad as I did. I was good at a lot of things, but that is not a healthy attitude. I will try to talk to him.

Be blessed brother,

Leon

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 09:12 AM

With me, it wouldn't bother me, nor my ego. I don't play much sports, like football or basketball, (even though a lot of people thought I played high school football because of my size lol). I think it'd be great, because, hey, that's how we learn, duh. I remember when Street Fighter 2 first came out when I was younger. Although not an athletic sport, per say, the competitive spirit is the same for us gamers. After she pummeled in nearly 6-8 quarters, she never did beat me. BUT, she gave me a run for my money. It was great and I learned a lot.

Female athletes and such are AWESOME, and I find nothing wrong with fun and fair competition with the opposite sex, win or loose. I will say though for the guys OR girls who get beat at "their own sport" or skill-----if you play that bad, you deserve to get beat that bad. Humble yourself, or be humbled lol. Bowling anyone lol?

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 04:15 PM

FAN-tastic! Blessings to all & my warmest "thanks" to everybody for checking in. Hey, Leon! What's up? I just knew I could count on you to give me feedback. I hear ya on the competitive part, brother. I even get competitive when I'm helping to box up meals for a food bank. Hey, Lydia! What's up with that "was"? Girrrllll! I think once an athlete, ALWAYS an athlete. I'm pretty sure that you of all people figured out that I was basically giving myself up with that short bio, uhhh, I mean that post.(lol!) Anyway, you were spot on when you stated that fact about a guy needing to be secure in himself. It takes a pretty confident man to accept that his lady love may have been blessed with better "jock" genes. Growing stronger in our spiritual walk together, as well as praying together is a priority, but so is supporting a mate in his or her hobbies or endeavors. My friends with the strongest marriages have learned to either take up golf, or have purchased season tickets to the ballet. Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Fun. The five F's. Sometimes, I've been known to replace one of those with "football". Whoo hoo! SOLI DEO GLORIA!

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 04:30 PM

AMEN MY SISTER!!!

View Profile
History
Greetings Sports Fans!
Posted : 19 Apr, 2009 11:17 PM

I wouldn't mind. It is all about how you deal with it. Are you caucky and like to talk it up or are you a mature Christian, and thus humble, and realize any talent you have is from God Himself and give Him the credit.