Author Thread: Light in the Darkness
Admin

Light in the Darkness
Posted : 16 Nov, 2012 08:24 AM

this morning as I was backing up my long narrow driveway that borders a lava tube covered with undergrowth, I prayed to safely pass and get on the road. The car lights were so dim they seemed to be barely on and I prayed to Jesus to somehow be able to see. The narrow way reminded me of the path to Jesus, but by faith and His power we can make it if we believe and choose to follow Him. We are not alone in the dark.

Suddenly the car lights brightened and even the interior lights were now for the first time fine so that I could see.

thank God for His miracles and His abounding grace in our time of need! Blessings!:applause::glow:

View Profile
History
Light in the Darkness
Posted : 16 Nov, 2012 01:24 PM

I praise God everyday for the blessings that my sons bring me...after 16 months of taking care of a wonderful husband God in his infinate wisdom took him home dec 1st 3 yrs ago...This was very painful to me but I knew thats where he wanted to go and God knew it was time...I praise God for my sons because they are all I have and they take the time every day ( yes ) everyday to call me and to make sure I am ok...There doing what they promised there father they would do...taking care of me...God is awesome to me...Praise His Name

View Profile
History
Light in the Darkness
Posted : 22 Nov, 2013 03:05 AM

So sorry for your loss. I lost my husband 10 years ago in December and it is still hard at times, especially during the holidays. I believe it is remarkable that your sons are honoring their parents by taking care of their mother just as the Bible teaches to help take care of the widows and orphans. What a wonderful testimony of the Christian home and following the biblical scripture to bring up your children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. The Bible also teaches the children to obey their parents and to honor their mother and father. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that your husband obeyed God's teaching for the husband to love his wife even as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for it. Your husband gave you what very few wives and mothers have, a home and family that honors the Lord. God bless you and comfort you.