Author Thread: HILLSONG - ALL HYPE
Admin

HILLSONG - ALL HYPE
Posted : 6 Jan, 2013 12:46 AM

Hi there! i just had to get this out here. I am a practicing musician for over 25 years and honed on a variety of styles, and one thing I could never stand is Formatted music. What is the world coming to when Christian outfits such as Hillsong and Planet Shakers churn out album after album of formatted music, that rarely has a hook or musical direction other than the 4-chord progression? i remember a time when Christian artists produced quality music to rival secular artists; people like Don Moen and Ron Kenoly. There's quality and skill displayed in their productions. Let's not forget Carmen, the great Christian artist who'd experimented with all sorts of musical styles, because God is a Creative God! And remember Petra? This post would and should rile up people, probably those who've never heard a tasteful blues lick in their lives! Hillsong...blah! Dull, uninspiring music. You try to defend them to our God, who you know, actually created all forms of music, not just the syrupy radio-friendly, car-friendly, 'sanitized' body of music such people churn out every six months.

View Profile
History
HILLSONG - ALL HYPE
Posted : 20 Sep, 2013 04:22 PM

Whilst I'm not qualified to judge the musical merits of Hillsongs output vs others, I do sometimes wish for something a little deeper than just variations of "God, You're great and I love You". Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it seems there's very little more coming out recently.