Author Thread: What are the greatest turn-offs when viewing profiles?
Admin

What are the greatest turn-offs when viewing profiles?
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 03:48 PM

Just curious.

It could be a great way to help guys know how to make themselves look more appealing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 04:29 PM

GuitarGeek,

A major turn off for me is, no mention of God, followed by talking about ones accomplishments, and shirtless photos or posing to show off ones physique.

A man must be on a strong walk with the Lord and talk about his relationship with God on his profile.

Pride and vanity are just plain ugly to me. Someone who takes credit for their accomplishments and does not give God the glory is a turn off as well as one who worships his own body.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 04:43 PM

Hey, GuitarGeek! I'm so glad you asked...

I could do a David Letterman Top 10 of Turn offs, but I would be guilty of the same thing that bothers me when I read a profile on this site. So, I'll spare you the novel & just skip to my number one which is this:

(drumroll)

The most consistently annoying thing I've observed is when a man's profile reads more like an autobiography because it takes up the whole computer screen. Personally, if I have to hit the page down button more than once just to get through your bio, then some editing needs to be done. Please, guys! Women don't want to know every little thing about you from the start. We also don't care to read every song or poem you've ever written. It's NEVER a good thing to give up too much of yourself right away, regardless of the setting.(ie, internet, or face-to-face) Ephesians 4:15 says "speak the truth in love". Please believe me when I say that guys don't have to try so hard to impress the ladies with their writing skills. Keep it short, & simple, but above all, trust in the Lord...(Proverbs 3:5,6)

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 09:26 PM

the biggest turn off for me is the guys that list the kind of girl they want, like the physical aspects...like she has to dress like this & such & such. i'm like "are you serious?!"

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 08:11 AM

I would say the biggest turn-offs for me would include: shirtless photos, pictures that have a female/someone cropped out, gross misspellings in the profile, focused only on the physical aspects of what they want in a woman and profiles with basically no information about themselves.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 02:43 PM

The greatest turn-offs when viewing profiles?... More of a pet peeve I guess... narcissism, unless it's a medical disorder... and I'm not one of the women mentioned elsewhere that dislike people who write in length.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 04:45 PM

good question but,look at some of the womens profiles they are the same...:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 05:18 PM

Hi, Ricky340.

I'll have to take your word for it since I'm not perusing the ladies profiles, but I'm sure you're right. It's always good to get a guys perspective though. :glow:

Peace.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2009 02:40 PM

Echoing a lot of what has been said already- good points made.

I respectfully disagree with those who say they don't like long profiles-My preference is to have more to go on than a sentence or two-- the more a person writes, the more you see their personality come out in their words. In fact, what makes a HORRIBLE profile in my mind is the comment "more later" or "ask me" --with nothing else written.

A second thing that is a turn off to me- pictures of the guy (or girl) with their arms draped around a member or three of the opposite sex. It either looks like they are attempting to lure more members into their already overflowing harem or like they aren't over their previous ex. And it raises the question of why none of they very nice looking, pretty girls in the picture aren't dating them.

Ok, my two cents has now been added :)

christianwp

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 12:18 PM

pictures of your dogs, cats, birds, pigs, rodents etc. Who am I Noah???

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2009 10:00 PM

Christian....That was funny! Noah.:ROFL:

***** OK Ladies....I am going to ask for your critique of my profile. Trust me you won't hurt my feelings! I am one of those kind of guys that takes constructive criticism well.

Blessings!

Walter

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6