Author Thread: Hot - Cold .. They Come On Real Hot & Then They Get Real Cold
Admin

Hot - Cold .. They Come On Real Hot & Then They Get Real Cold
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 02:20 PM

I have been finding out through my time of dating (and I have asked others about this too - so your input would be great) where I would meet a really nice guy, we hit it off really good - He calls me, I call him - we hang out and then he suddenly disappears. I will call and check on him - he would talk, but not kid around as much. I can't help but to think that something is up with that dude. He doesn't have interest in anyone else, but it seems almost like as soon as he feels like he is getting too close he backs off. I'm assuming he may have an intimacy issue, I'm not sure. BUT this isn't just one guy only, I have met a couple of guys like this - who have portrayed this certain reaction to certain women when they start to get too close or just maybe their space is being cramped. Any input from any guys who have put some of your female interests through this?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2009 09:38 PM

I�m not going to lie I have done this before. However, this was some time ago and I feel that it was because I was far less mature to deal with the situation. I remember though that the reason for this, at least for me was that everything was moving too fast and the person whom I was dating was not what I expected once her true colors were shown. I guess my advice would be to confront him about it to see if there is a reason for this. Sorry I can�t be more helpful. Joe

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 05:21 PM

Thank you Joe! I will take your advice! Someone told me that men are like rubber bands - they come close and then quickly move away - like a stretching motion ... then when they come back to you again - they seem to be closer & then they retract again (aka become MIA for some time), etc etc. This "rubber band" theory I hear comes from the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" ~ I actually didn't believe the theory at first, but I am really starting to see this more and more.

God Bless!!