Author Thread: Three women
Admin

Three women
Posted : 28 Jun, 2013 04:05 AM

Three Women

Let me begin with the woman who came to Jesus and stood at His feet weeping. This is how I picture her. She waited for Jesus to be seated and comfortable. His back was to her. His feet were probably off to the side. He was lounging on a pillow. She sheepishly and silently approached Jesus from the rear. Hoping not to be noticed. Her heart pounding for fear of the unknown. She quietly was still behind Him and slowly leaned closer and closer.

Until she touched His feet. I imagine the moment she touched Him her tears began to flow. With her body bent close to the floor and she began to kiss His feet and wipe them with her hair. Taking out her perfume she continued to pour it on His feet and rub in the perfume.

Now the Pharisee missed it completely. They had seen with their eyes the woman touching Jesus. I know and believe that she touched Jesus in a way they could never had imagine. She touched the very heart of God. She touched the very heart of God with her worship and willingness to come to Him no matter what.

When I think that not only does God touch my heart but that I have it with in me to touch Gods heart, that is precious. That is a real treasure which is immeasurable.

There is one thought.

I find a interesting progression relationally with these three women concerning relating to who Jesus is.

We have the woman at the well where Jesus says " If you knew" & " He would have given you" These are two powerful statements. The treasure here is that our God is a giving God. If we only could know and really comprehend this what difference would that make in our lives. The sad thing is this, we often don�t really take the time to truly know Him.

That leads me to the next woman, Mary. She is in contrast to her sister Martha. It is interesting that Martha was the popular one. Mary is referred to as being her sister. It is no wonder because of the level of commitment Martha had to work.

We often think that Martha or being a Martha is a good thing. Don�t get me wrong we need men and women to serve. But Jesus words to her are these. " You are worried and troubled about many things" Much like the woman at the well who was busy doing....... Her and Martha had missed the "If you knew" About Jesus.

But her sister Mary. She sat at Jesus feet. Not just sitting, she heard His words. Jesus words to Martha again. Notice Jesus never directly speaks to Mary Here. He is always trying to encourage Martha like the woman at the well. He says" But one thing is needed" Isn�t that really interesting. We feel pressed from all sides like Martha. "But One thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."

Did you catch that? Jesus says that what Mary is doing is (the good part.) What does that make what Martha is doing? That seems like a real slap in the face if taken it the wrong way. But because of the love of Jesus for Martha and all Martha's He want all of us to partake in what is truly good....... Himself the true treasure of life...

I wonder if we evaluate our motives before God concerning our service to Him what we would come up with. Are we truly looking to serve and bless God or are we looking for validation from people. Like Martha, who was the popular one. Mary who was not so popular. Are we looking to be popular?

Finally we have the woman who anointed Jesus feet. Their are two powerful things He says to the woman. The most powerful things that any ears could ever hear. " your sins are forgiven" & " go in peace" WOW ....... Forgiveness and peace.. What more do we need? Here is the true treasure of life. The deep heart knowledge of the gift of forgiveness and the peace that come with such forgiveness.

So here is the progression... " If you knew"-" He would have given you"............" One thing is needed"- " The good part that will never be taken away"........ That is to hear from the lips of our Lord Jesus to our hearts. " Your sins are forgiven"- " Go in peace"..................................................>

View Profile
History
Three women
Posted : 28 Jun, 2013 08:13 AM

Brother Michale...Thank you!!!... Praise for Good Word and Good Work done In and Of and For the Glory of the MOST High...:applause:...:bouncy:...:yay:...GOD Bless...xo