Author Thread: The weight debate.
Admin

The weight debate.
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 10:33 PM

My whole life I've struggled with my weight. It's an every day,hour,minute battle. Society has put a stigma on overweight people that has now carried over in to our world. Now, I am not at all excusing the part I play in this. I realize that sometimes times I was a willing participant in this theory. That being, I am now working hard to make my body the proper temple for God because He deserves that. I have a long way to go, but giving up isnt an option anymore. That being said, I want you guys input on something. How do I get christian men to see past the stigma and get to know me for who I am,what I stand for, for my intelligence,for my drive? How do I attract a guy now,who willing to get to know me as I am but also help motivate me to change even more. Do guys get over whelmed when they see an over weight women or is it merely an attraction issue? I guess I'm just really frustrated because I know that I have all these great things to give someone and I'm so tired of hearing "You're a great girl and I think your awesome BUT I'm just not attracted to you THAT way." I realize people are attracted to what they want to be attracted to. I get that people have preferences. I have preferences and I feel like when you are picking someone you want to spend your life with you have a right to be a little picky. I know that God's plan is perfect and when the time comes, I'll meet Him. And He'll think I'm amazing and he will be attracted to me. I guess I'm just a little discouraged because I've been hitting so many brick walls lately when it comes to dating. Can any of you give me and possibly other ladies who are struggling with this issue some advice?? Thanks.

~Ashley

mlthomas

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 29 Mar, 2009 05:42 AM

I Think you have the right attitude for what you are dealing with:applause:

Now what I would say to you is you already have the answer.At the end of your question you stated what you needed to do and that God will send him to you but out of the same mouth you spoke doubt.

I will encourage you to get grounded in what you believe and that GOD WILL SEND YOU SOMEONE THAT LOVE YOU FOR YOU.

REMEMBER THE REAL YOU IS A SPEAKING SPIRIT AND YOU WILL HAVE WHAT YOU SAY. SO ONLY SAY WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AND WATCH GOD.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR WILLING TO GET SOME FEED BACK.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 29 Mar, 2009 09:24 AM

Ashley,

I would like to point you to Luke 6:37-38. It tells us that whatever we give out it will be multiplied back to us. If you speak fear of rejection you will reap fear and rejection. If you bless people you will be blessed and so on. As a man thinketh in his heart so is he (Proverbs 23:7). Rid your mind of negative thoughts for their from the devil, but be strong and let your heart take courage, all who wait for and hope for and expect the Lord! (Psalm31:24). Expect that the Lord will provide for He already knows the plans He has for you to prosper you, plans not to harm you, and plans to give you hope and a future.

Personally, I believe that if someone doesn't want to get to know me because of something physical (weight, looks, color of skin, etc.) their not the one God has in store for me. We need to look past the outer building to look to where true beauty lies, the heart. God doesn't meet us by the way we look, talk, or even our wealth or we all would be in big trouble, but He sees our heart. We are suppose to be Christ-like right? Jesus looked at our hearts and we should do the same.

Ashley...your beautiful and don't let saten or anyone else tell you otherwise. You were made in the image of God and who doesn't glorify the beauty of God? Hope this helps.

Your friend and brother in Christ,

Travis

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 29 Mar, 2009 01:19 PM

Thank you both so much for your advice. Its so easy to get discouraged and sometimes we let that discouragement get to us so much, we let God's will pass us by. I don't want that to happen to me in ANY situation. My life's purpose is to give Him the highest glory,honor and praise purely because He is Holy and He deserves that from me. And I can't do that when I'm down in the dumps and not focused on Him. Last night I prayed and worshipped and I feel a lot better now. That being said, I'd love for the guys to keep putting in their input. :)

Blessings!

Ashley

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 1 Apr, 2009 08:32 AM

I think the most importat has been said. Honestly, do you want somebody who is looking for a specially looking girl? No, there you are!

It's not al the guys that go for slim girls. Of course everybody has an idea of what he finds attractive or not, but this is not necesarily something static, I tend to see a girl as more attractive then before when I fall in love...

Secon is that there are enough men out there who do either not care about weight or like heavyer looks more. In my case, it's the face, if a girl has a nice face, she is beautiful for me, the body doesn't matter then. This is me, but I guess there must be some similar guys outside there.

So don't be discouraged, God will provide you with your man at your time.

God bless

De Benny

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 1 Apr, 2009 11:11 AM

I like chubby gurlz. Aight..Thats all.

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 19 Apr, 2009 11:10 PM

From what I"ve seen and heard, most men want a woman who is smaller in size than themselves. There are exceptions, though. For example, a lot of black guys are sexually turned on by overweight women. I heard it a lot from them in the Army, and these guys were slender, in shape. But it didn't matter whether they were or not, most preferred overweight women. I think a lot has to do with that many men also look for a woman who is like their mother.

One thing that both sides have to look at is that if you are interested in a certain type, ask yourself, would that certain type be interested in you? If not, you'd have to change to meet that criteria or else move on to a type of man that would be interested in your type (body, mind, spirit, and interests).

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 04:23 PM

I like this topic! I am not a petite girl at all, always have been on the persay "more curvacious" side of the scale, but one thing I have learned about myself...

If I love who I am and have faith and believe with all my heart and soul that the Lord loves me for me, then surely other people will feel the confidence I have for myself and they will accept me as well.

The key isen't waiting for others to accept you, but in learning to accept yourself.

Hold your head up Sweety, your beautiful as you are, God loves you , learn to love yourself and others will also!

Big Hugs

Heart_of_an_:angel:

View Profile
History
The weight debate.
Posted : 12 Feb, 2010 12:40 PM

ok, first let me say that some of the skinniest and beautiful women of the world do not have the spirit or the attitude that attract men let alone keep them happy. I come from a line of heavy women and I am heavy myself. I have moments where i am like "ew" when i look in the mirror and other moments (most of the time now) when i have the attitude of well if you do not like what you see turn around. You shouldn't want to change to attract a man. If they are a true man of God they will see the beauty that God has placed within you and love you for you. :yay::hearts::angeldevil: