Author Thread: God is the center of our life
Admin

God is the center of our life
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 06:34 PM

is God the center of your life? that is just a simple question, but very hard to answer it. because when we wake up in the morning, we just think about ourselves, our job, time to go to office, time to have breakfast, time to do our daily activities, etc. have we ever waken up in the morning and take time maybe 15 minutes until 30 minutes with God? do silent time and raise our heart and mind unto Him? mmmhhh... the answer is in your heart... you know the answer better than me.. God bless you all my friends...:waving:

Lukia^

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 04:11 AM

I think every true christian should be doing this every day.

Wake up in the morning,take time to thank God for the night and the new day,pray for the new day as you remember other things that the Holy spirit guides you.

I think its normal!!!!!!!

Anyway its a good post.

God bless you sister.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 05:22 AM

Personally,

One can have much formal time with God yet not relate with Him. Relationship with God is like relationship with others. Honesty with our selves before God.

Jesus makes a statement about the religious. He tells us of those who do good works in His name and even call Him Lord.

But His response to them is to depart workers of iniquity. Why? Because He never knew them. You see it is our motives that matter not our actions. When we are honest with our motive toward God and others we find intimacy. This vaunerability before God give us the relationship of God knowing us.

Like any relationship we have our up times and our down times of spending time, do we not? We have our more intimate times and our less intimate times, do we not? We have our time we feel closer and time when we long for our beloved, do we not?

Please do not trun your relationship with God into a religious activity but allow it to be a time of closeness and intimacy. This being a general expression and not directed at the OP personally.

God wants more than being a religious activity or a text book exercise. He wants our hearts. We give our hearts to Him as we trust Him more and more through learning who He is by His word then walking by faith that we might be vaunereable before Him.

In Christs service beloved,

Michael

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2013 07:23 AM

I one hundred percent agree with Michael.

Because if you're "religious" like the Pharisees you're more into rules and regulations then you are into worshipping and getting to know God. You can have a "clean" appearance, and seem to do everything God wants you to do; but what's on the outside isn't what He's looking at. It's much deeper within.

So we must remember to guard our hearts and keep his commandments. To remember to be humble, and to remain sincere not only to one another but to him. Honesty and communication are key.

Sometimes it requires us to get out of our comfort zones (it often does) when we listen to Him. But as He has plans to prosper us and not harm us, we shouldn't let our own fears and doubts get in the way of His plan.

Yet He's not going to force you to do His will. He would like you, too, of course, but that's part of free will. We can choose to serve Him or go our own wayward paths.