Author Thread: Please pray for my Dad Mark
Admin

Please pray for my Dad Mark
Posted : 22 Jul, 2013 10:42 AM

Please pray for my Dad Mark. I feel convicted to be more proactive in my relationship with him. He never calls, e-mails, visits or writes but then neither do I. I have written him off really figuring he is never gonna change. Plus its also outta fear cause of the way he is and how strict he is. When my Dad and I have talked on the phone its awkward its like he doesn't know how to talk to me and I dunno how to talk to him. When I have talked with him on the phone its basic stuff like the what the weather is like. I never ask him about anything except stuff about the Bible he does know alot not everything but alot. I just need to keep in mind that he looks at it from a very legalistic point of view. Maybe my Dad feels a failure cause of the divorce and that's why he doesn't call or anything is he feel's he's already failed so why bother trying?? Dunno for sure but that is possible. So I'm gonna try to communicate more with my Dad so please pray for me about that cause I am scared cause I know how strict he is. Thing is I love him and I miss him and I want more of a relationship with my Dad. Please also pray for my Dad and please pray that he'll turn from a legalistic point of view and see things with the lens of the Gospel and pray that he steps up to be the Dad that GOD has called him to be. Please also pray that my Dad will visit me soon.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Please pray for my Dad Mark
Posted : 24 Jul, 2013 07:08 PM

Jenny,

Sounds like you're ready to move forward and are doing the right thing by reaching out to him. You're right, he is probably scared and feels awkward. It's ok to just write the basics...don't be afraid to tell him what you've been doing and how you're doing. I have a sister that I haven't really talked with in years...but I send her Christmas cards/presents and postcards from the places I travel to...I send one to all my family members. I haven't received a card or phone call in years...but I am not accountable for what she does or doesn't do...I have to do what I believe is the right thing to do.

Your dad may or may not respond right away...don't give up. You will grow through your efforts and you will know you have opened the door for him. I pray that he will be responsive to you.