Author Thread: Prayer urgently needed. Encouragement appreciated greatly
lilstrawboy

View Profile
History
Prayer urgently needed. Encouragement appreciated greatly
Posted : 25 Jul, 2013 08:37 PM

I was told this week to expect some troubling news as my ex fiancee was going to be marrying her girlfriend in September. So tonight on facebook I was told that she had been engaged and had a photo of them holding hands with the engagement ring. My ex proposed to her apparently proposed to her. Obviously I still care about her very much but this has basically just completely drained the life out of me tonight. I really don't want to be on this planet and no this is certainly not suicide talk.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2013 08:18 PM

I'm sure it must be challenging to think through the scenario that is playing out...seeing someone you care(d) for obviously turning her back on God's teachings. Not knowing all the circumstances around your relationship and breakup, I will just say that God has His hand on you...the pain would be much more intense had this been revealed after you were married. Any time someone we care(d) about sins, it hurts us...and it hurts God worse.

Keep your focus on God and doing His will...as hard as it may seem right now. My prayers are with you for peace and healing, and in time, the right person to come into your life.

Guardian143

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 08:55 PM

My fianc� broke up with me in 2010. At the time, it felt like I reached a dead end emotionally. What helped me was surrendering all to God. What I learned was Christ is sufficient and God's grace will pull us through.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses. Jesus suffered from being heart broken many times. The greatest was on the cross when everyone left him even God, He cried, "Why have you forsaken me?".

Sometimes a change of scenery and ministering to others also help. the way god dealt with Elijah's depression.

Whatever you do, don't wallow in self-pity because the enemy will pull-out a party for you. Out of that experience, I came out stronger and wiser because Jesus is my everything. He heals the broken-hearted, you know.

lilstrawboy

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 07:21 PM

Well as an update to this. Nothing has changed as far as her plans but I finally discovered that I was worried about her that I was neglecting myself. I finally stepped out into freedom and broke out of the chains that were holding me. I never got rid of the things she had given me which were namely Christmas presents, birthday presents and a few pictures of us including one from the day we were engaged. Obviously having these reminders are unhealthy and would make it very hard to love another and truly move on. Never saw this as a problem until this week for some reason, I always thought we might get back together again and it would be sweet to keep those things. Well, I have no doubt that we are done and have been for a long time. I was afraid to let go, and my fear has caused me mistakes. It has caused me indecisiveness, and many issues. I have not had the opportunity to teach in nearly a year and today after I got rid of all the pictures and written letters and made my decision to get rid of everything else I was asked to teach by 2 people. So thankful for God's faithfulness and so thankful for deliverance from this burden. God bless everyone.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 10:51 PM

Good to hear that you are working through this...May God continue to show you His will and His path for you.