Author Thread: I don't understand...
Linnie41

View Profile
History
I don't understand...
Posted : 1 Apr, 2009 01:18 PM

How is it that "prayer requests" have 75 threads, but "Praise reports" only 34? I know that people need prayer and I'm not taking away from that. But considering God's righteousness, His Works, the guidance and instruction we get from Him, the hope, joy, mercy, deliverance, and blessings, His power, His faithfulness, His creation, and our Savation because of Him (just to name a few), I would think this area would have so many threads it would shut down the system!!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28. Not in "some things," not in "most things," not in "a few things here and there," but in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him. Let's praise Him for it!! I know that we give praise to God on our own and to others we come into contact with outside this site, but it still surprises me there aren't more threads about what God is doing.

My mom was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and I'm praising God for it. Not because I don't like my mom (lol) but because through this, I've come closer to my mom, closer to my family, and examined things in my life that I need to let go of to live a healthier lifestyle and honor the body He gave me. I've grown enormously in trusting God, He has given me strength I didn't know was possible (not to mention the strength He's given my mom - wow!), and most of all, He's given me comfort in knowing that when her life is over here on earth, it's only a continuation of her life with Him.

Praise Him when you can't find your car keys and you're late for work (did He keep you from being in an accident?), praise Him when you get dumped by that person you were so in love with (down the road, He'll show you why it wouldn't have worked), praise Him when the bills are piling up (He is your provider), and praise Him when your life is falling apart (and watch Him put it back together)!!!

View Profile
History
I don't understand...
Posted : 4 Apr, 2009 06:03 AM

Hi, Linnie41. Good post! You hit this one out of the park. In a nutshell, the Lord allows tragedies, trials, and illnesses to occur because He's trying to get us to the point of utter and complete dependence on Him. A life that is totally surrendered to Him is what God is after, and nothing less.

Words to live by.(and one I meditate on quite often)

(2 Corinthians 12:9, NKJV)

And He said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Peace & Blessings, my sister.

Jocelyn.