Author Thread: Hurting How Do You Move On?
simple63

View Profile
History
Hurting How Do You Move On?
Posted : 3 Apr, 2009 06:22 AM

I have been hurt by my family most of my life. I am the youngest of 4 and when my parents be ill at tbe same time I

was left to take care of them byself. I worked full time at work and my church while being sick myself with help from no one financially or mentally or physically. My brothers and

Sister only insulted me and put me down. Even at my parents funerals there was no one there to support me. They only came to get what they could for themselves.

My Sister was the worst of all because she just lived across the road and seldom offered to help. To sum it up how do I get past the hurt and move on? My Sister passed away and never once showed any remorse or sorrow for how she treated me. How do I move on?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2009 05:51 AM

I can relate to what you have been through. My family took care of my grandmother for 11 yrs with no help from her other children/grandchildren. Never once did one offer to take her for one day to give my parents a break. But the way we got through it--GOD. ONLY GOD can heal the hurt and help us to move on. My family knew we were doing what GOD would want us to do. You have been obedient in being the caretaker for your parents until HE decided to take them. Being a caretaker is a very difficult job and people have no understanding unless they have been in the same boat.

You may never get 'thanks' or 'apology' from your brothers or other family members. It's sad that your sister took it all to her grave. BUT GOD is your healer and rewarder. Allow GOD to help you heal; in time, it will come. I've been ther and HE's healed me. And my God is no respect of persons.

I'm praying for you,

Michelle

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2009 07:16 AM

Thank you God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

I am praying that the old me die and take all the past with it, and that God creates a new me that learns and grows from my past.

Thank you for being so obedeint to God:applause::yay::angel::angel::applause::applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 06:30 AM

We all must 'die daily' and it's not always an easy process. We all struggle with that from time to time. Thankfully, God gives us strength through His Word which helps to kill our flesh and increase HIS Spirit within us. When we can allow HIS Spirit to indwell in us, we can be used mightily to bring others into HIS Kingdom.

Be blessed. I'm praying for you.

Michelle

PHmizpah

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 10:17 PM

Hello Ma'am,

I received a circulated text message a long time ago that said "we should think of the people who hurt us as sandpapers, we may be bruised in the process but we end up smooth and polished while they end up used and tattered." They should not define you. Love them despite what they are and you will see the difference.

Carry on, friend. God is a just God.

In Christ,

Jingle.

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 01:44 PM

I agree with you. it is just a painful process especially when people show no remorse becasue in their minds they think they are justified in how they act becasue they think you deserve how they treat you. I pray to God everyday that I am convicted whenever I treat a person badly.