Author Thread: Help me stay true.
KellyM

View Profile
History
Help me stay true.
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 08:16 AM

I want to wait until I marry but it's so hard sometimes. Please help me wait until I meet the right man. The urges are so strong sometimes and I am so weak. I need prayer to help me.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Help me stay true.
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 10:37 AM

You're in my prayers...keep focused on Jesus and His promises. Any man who pressures you is not following Christ and therefore would not be a good spiritual leader. Wait on God's choic...

View Profile
History
Help me stay true.
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 08:56 PM

Doesn't mean you can't steal a kiss though.

View Profile
History
Help me stay true.
Posted : 4 Dec, 2013 12:35 PM

Hey Kelly

I know how you feel 100%, i'm in the same boat. sometimes i feel like giving, like what's the point of waiting.

and ppl keep telling you, it won't be the end of the world if you have done it, etc...

Although that might be true, i just know, how much it would mean to God, to my future lifepartner AND to myself if i waited.

for me it's kinda the Guilt i know i'd feel afterwards that keeps me from doing so. of course also because that's just a gift i wanna give my future wife.

Unfortunately there is no special remedey or prayer for such moments, i know how so many christians would say just pray and it'll pass, but i know when those urges arise and those hormones kick in, it takes almost everything not to give in.

maybe you should find a close friend whom you can confide in, and ask her if you could call her whenever you feel like giving in, something like an accountability partner?

I'll keep you in my prayers!!

Stay Strong!!

J

tobiakiode

View Profile
History
Help me stay true.
Posted : 16 Jan, 2014 06:11 AM

Be encouraged. The Lord will remember you for good. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but deliverance out of them all is the Lord's task, not men's. Stop looking towards men for your downfalls and upliftments.

They'll fail you again and again. They'll polish you with wounds after wounds. But many like you, have been delivered on the journey, I can boldly say. You are not alone in the valley walk, and only the best is good for you too, you are worth more than many sparrows.

The One who is ever present in moments of storms, when friends and even families disappear is the Lord your God, and He's going with you. He won't abandon you or leave you; He doesn't get tired, He can't be fired. He's the Lord of all journeys. He's not forgotten you.

He's the Author and Finisher of all destinies. He knew you before you were formed, only His report for you is best, unmatchable!

READ THE WHOLE MESSAGE THE LINK BELOW AND LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE OR THE BLOG PAGE:

http://www.tobiakiode.com/blog/42/press-on-the-upward-way

God bless you.

Tobi

Your friend in Christ Jesus.