Author Thread: some sad statistics
Admin

some sad statistics
Posted : 3 Feb, 2014 11:47 AM

"Recent studies have shown that Christians are more willing to replace their scriptural beliefs with modern cultural trends, according to Christian Mingle and JDate. A poll titled '2014 State of Dating in America' reveals the following:

* 61% of Christians said they would have sex before marriage.

* 56% said that it�s appropriate to move in with someone after dating for 6 months to 2 years."

Source: www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/January31/315a.html

Your thoughts? :(

Crowned278

View Profile
History
some sad statistics
Posted : 6 Mar, 2014 12:00 AM

Probably not the best move for abstinence before marriage if you get my drift!

Crowned278

View Profile
History
some sad statistics
Posted : 6 Mar, 2014 12:03 AM

I entered my first serious relationship recently now ended. Ive learned that being accountable is the one great way to help keep you on track before marriage but on the other hand being in a relationship is hard because of the sexual tension that is created but i don't believe its impossible to abstain from sex and that a couple can have a happy and great time enjoying each others company without sex before marriage.

Crowned278

View Profile
History
some sad statistics
Posted : 6 Mar, 2014 12:13 AM

Im to sure how certain that statistics are since they're collected by a dating website.

My opinion is that many people of faith may not have the knowledge about what is actually expected because not many people take it seriously enough to understand that things like no sex before marriage is something that probably needs to be taught to young and old christians alike.

The world definitely is not a place to encourage a good and standard relationship because the world doesn't know God. The world is constantly projecting all soughts of standards and immoral and degrading principles that do ever really equate to a godly life style and why should it. The world shouldn't be a model for living a christian life but sadly many people have nothing but the world to show them how to live as a christian!

The world also is not making it easy for a couple to live a life of abstinence before marriage with rising increases to costs and expenses of living people are feeling more and more pressure to negate their christian ethic for something that will take them a long time like getting a job, having a stable income and finding a career and good home to live.

View Profile
History
some sad statistics
Posted : 6 Apr, 2014 06:38 AM

This may shed some light on why it tends to be a bad idea.

"Living together prior to getting married can increase the chance of getting divorced by as much as 40 percent."

http://www.mckinleyirvin.com/blog/divorce/32-shocking-divorce-statistics/

Page : 1 2