Author Thread: The Power to Love
Admin

The Power to Love
Posted : 2 May, 2009 08:00 PM

Sometimes it is much convinient not to care for someone and just stay on one's comfort zone. We're very careful not to get attached to much, because parting ways are so painful. Some may not survive it..

Broken heart sucks as one of my friend tells me. It holds true.. it really sucks. But why love again?

We love because God loves us. And only God gives us the power to do so. it says in 1 John 3:23 ".... God commands....that we loved each other."

It's so good to know that you feel heartbreak because you loved truly. You can never feel that way if you haven't loved that person with your whole heart. And it's wonderful to know that you have the power to love because God loves you unconditionally. You know it's going to be a painful ride but you took a plunge anyway, and God is proud.

Like Max Lucado said "... forgive as if it were your last opportunity...love like there's no tomorrow...and if there's tomorrow, love again."

You wanna know how to love? Recieved it from God first..

Let Jesus' love cover all things in your life.

View Profile
History
The Power to Love
Posted : 3 May, 2009 08:58 AM

I aboslutely agree with this, Gabriella.

Love is the most amazing thing that a person can experience. God's love is so wonderful and unconditional, we can't even wrap our minds around it.

That is the kind of love that makes heartbreak worth loving again. I'm sure that just about anyone you talk to who has been in love, can atest to how much it hurts. It can hurt. It can be one of the biggest risks that we can take. To make yourself vulnerable in a faith effort that the person that is responsible for holding your heart in your hands, isn't going to crush it.

Unfortunately, they usually do. But ... God so loved the world. Isn't that amazing? We should strive to be like that. We should strive to love like that. God knew exactly what we were going to do to His Son. He knew exactly how we would respond. He KNEW!!! And yet, He chooses to love us anyways. Amazing.

That is how we should love. We need to understand that it is so worth it! It truly is. Even if we knew that it was never going to work out, shouldn't we still try to love anyways? I think so. Love is a feeling, emotion, experience, that can lead to so many others. And BEING loved. Wow. That's even better than loving someone.

Coming from someone who has heart their heart ripped out and trampled on, I would still do it all over again. We are called to love. And I for one, would like to answer this call.