Author Thread: What do you do?
Admin

What do you do?
Posted : 18 May, 2009 09:19 AM

Hi everyone,

Imagine that you are married and you and your spouse have a Christian couple that you spend a lot of time with. Occasionally when you are with them they argue, criticize one another, and talk about each others faults. What do you do or say? Or do you just stop socializing with them?

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
What do you do?
Posted : 18 May, 2009 11:38 AM

dear lydia, i think id have a little talk with the man in private.. and see if i could maybe help show him that its not right to do that to his lady.. and i would also ask my spouse to go talk in private with the lady about the situation as well. and if she wont then i would.. if it didnt stop i believe id withdraw from the relations with said couple for awhile as sometimes that will help.. just to let folks know youre not gonna be around it..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
What do you do?
Posted : 18 May, 2009 02:06 PM

Cattleman,

Good answer, I would definitely ask my husband to talk with the man and I would do the same with the wife. I believe that it dishonors the marriage to talk about one another in a negative way in public.

It is biblical that we are to correct one another in love, but many in our politically correct world are afraid to do so. And I agree that if it did not stop, it would be best to find more positive friends to socialize with. It is a very uncomfortable to be around a couple who is fighting.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
What do you do?
Posted : 18 May, 2009 07:20 PM

Hi everyone,

Please excuse my typo, I left a word out of my sentence.

I meant to say that in our politically correct world many are afraid to do so.

A flawed sister,

Lydia