Author Thread: shall a man take a wife
Admin

shall a man take a wife
Posted : 21 May, 2009 10:54 AM

The Bible seems to have different ideas about male female relationships and as it is written,

�And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.� Gen. 2:18

1 Cor 7:1 �Concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman.�

1 Corinthians 11:7b-9. �Woman is the glory of man. 8 for man is not from woman, but woman from man. 9 nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man.�

For what cause shall a man take a wife? And It is not a trick question.

:bouncy:

View Profile
History
shall a man take a wife
Posted : 23 May, 2009 08:12 PM

Well, I'm not a girl, but I think I may have the answer.

I think the answer lies when you examine 1 Cor 7:1:

"1 Cor 7:1 �Concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman.�"

I think it means here that you shouldn't touch a woman (and I would think the same would go for a woman not touch a man) before marriage as it may lead to sex before marriage. Seems hard to do in today's society as touching between a boyfriend and girlfriend before marriage seems to be the norm, but those things leads to being more physical and having sex before marriage.

A man and woman should marry when they like each other for who they are...their personalities and their own uniqueness. After marriage, then touching is okay.

Let's examine the following verse:

1 Cor 7:2 -"Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

In other words, a man and woman shouldn't touch before marriage as it may lead to sex before marriage. A man and woman should find someone that they enjoy being with for who they are and after they marry, then they are allowed to have sex to fulfill each other's needs.

1 Cor 7:3-"Let the husband render to the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife to the husband."

Hope this helps. :)Well, I'm not a girl, but I think I may have the answer.

I think the answer lies when you examine 1 Cor 7:1:

"1 Cor 7:1 �Concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman.�"

I think it means here that you shouldn't touch a woman (and I would think the same would go for a woman not touch a man) before marriage as it may lead to sex before marriage. Seems hard to do in today's society as touching between a boyfriend and girlfriend before marriage seems to be the norm, but those things leads to being more physical and having sex before marriage.

A man and woman should marry when they like each other for who they are...their personalities and their own uniqueness. After marriage, then touching is okay.

Let's examine the following verse:

1 Cor 7:2 -"Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

In other words, a man and woman shouldn't touch before marriage as it may lead to sex before marriage. A man and woman should find someone that they enjoy being with for who they are and after they marry, then they are allowed to have sex to fulfill each other's needs.

1 Cor 7:3-"Let the husband render to the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife to the husband."

Hope this helps. :)

View Profile
History
shall a man take a wife
Posted : 23 May, 2009 08:14 PM

Some how I posted that twice in one post. o.O Not sure how I did that lol.

View Profile
History
shall a man take a wife
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 12:58 PM

hmm.. For a help mate.. less would be not what God wanted for you..

I think the better question is not shall he but when shall he