Author Thread: when you marry what is it that u hope your marriage to accomplish?
FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
when you marry what is it that u hope your marriage to accomplish?
Posted : 28 May, 2015 08:41 AM

Other than the obvious.....cohabitation and fornication.....i think it is important to have some goals or purpose that should be the theme of your marriage. what do you think?

FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2015 08:44 AM

Cohabiting and fornication are what will be eliminated.......i worded that part wrong

FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2015 08:44 AM

Cohabiting and fornication are what will be eliminated.......i worded that part wrong

FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2015 12:36 PM

After we get use to the physical attraction and spiritual attraction.......what then?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2015 09:43 AM

"Other than the obvious.....cohabitation and fornication"...funny:ROFL:

Anyway, everyone has things that they'd like to get out of a marriage-kids, a good home, companionship, and so on. I was reading this book awhile ago, "The Screwtape Letters"? I think it was called. Basically a higher level demon, who's sort of an uncle to this lower level demon, advises his "nephew" throughout the book on how to mislead Christians and keep humans in sin and blindness. At some point he was saying how they've managed to lie to the whole world that marriage must be with "that special someone that you feel you love". That humans have forgotten the essentials, where they are to come together, and aside from the babies and what not, endeavor to walk together to help the other partner get to heaven- you know through the trials and problems that we face. I think this is very interesting. Take a look at the Biblical marriages, okay aside from th people who married pretty women, David, Jacob, etc, many marriages were arranged, and people stuck with each other. That's not to say the women were not beautiful, Sarah was gorgeous, twice Abraham had to lie that she was his sister so he wouldn't be killed( I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but you get my drift). The seemingly important "things I want out of marriage" list is irrelevant. It is possible to find joy in things you never thought you would. Situations may change once you get married, the solution is not to stomp off. Just as we say that with God all things are possible, so it's possible for Him to give you a heart to love and accept scenarios that you didn't expect. However, the point is this: all other considerations are secondary. The goal is to help each other in the Christian walk. God will bless all these other things. And besides, our desires for a good sex life (this tends to pop first in guys' heads, although it doesn't hold prominence), kids, a house and carrier won't just fade. We can work on them to make it the way we want. But remember that once married, you have another child of God in your hands, and it is your duty to get to Heaven together.

FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2015 09:26 PM

If a couple marries before sex then they dont commit fornication.

If a couple marries before living together then they dont commit cohabitation. Those are 2 very popular sins that are very popular in our times today. Some couples marry because they created a baby. Some do it because their peers are married and they dont want to be left out of the crowd. Some marry because of their age.....scared of being single and getting older (alone). All im trying to say is what are your goals for your marriage? Of course both spouses should support each other (if the thing they are supporting is biblical) but what do you hope your marriage to accomplish before yall die or christ comes back. What would a biographer write about your marriage ? What do u hope your marriage to accomplish?

Marriage is not just hugs and kisses and sex and babies andjust go to work and back home....and go out on weekends to a movie and dinner....if we do the same stuff as the world we dont stand out at all......instead we fit right in....so let me ask again.....what is it that u hope your current or future marriage will accomplish?