Author Thread: Grief Cycle
JCRighton^

View Profile
History
Grief Cycle
Posted : 20 Jun, 2015 06:38 AM

Hello Everyone

I write this with a heavy heart as I'm going through two more firsts on my grief cycle this weekend. Hopefully my inner strength in Christ will keep stable but this weekend is so hard for me and my family.

Today would have been my late dad's 72nd birthday but he's celebrating it with the Lord and I will be going to his grave later today. The other is tomorrow (Father's Day) and it's my first one without him in the present to get spoiled from his family.

Thank you all for your time.

Jonathan

View Profile
History
Grief Cycle
Posted : 20 Jun, 2015 01:19 PM

Beloved Jonathan my condolences to you and your family.

◄ Isaiah 41:10 ►

Fear you not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

I know your heart must be very heavy. I wont sit here and tell you I know how you feel but I know how I felt when I lost my mom and my dad. The pain was great. I felt like I could have cried a river!

But I do know some things that are for certain. Your dad is in the presence of the Lord!! He is having himself a glorious bday party like none other. He is basking in the glory of Christ. Oh my, how he has finally arrived at home plate.

Its so very painful because we are the ones left here to go on without them. Your grief is a process. Allow God to comfort you and give you rest in this season of your life. Seek him like never before. I am praying for you Jonathan. Just know that there is a gal across the globe that is standing in the gap for you!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.�

View Profile
History
Grief Cycle
Posted : 20 Nov, 2017 06:40 PM

My condolences. I recently lost my grandfather and I know how hard a loss can be. Keeping you in my prayers.

View Profile
History
Grief Cycle
Posted : 6 Jan, 2019 03:18 PM

My condolences. I lost dad when I was 14 and life has never been the same, I'm now 44 so I know what you are going through. Trust Jesus and know that He's got your dad in a better place.