Author Thread: Abused and possibly suicidal lady
Admin

Abused and possibly suicidal lady
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 11:54 AM

Greetings family...

You may have noticed that my post called, "I've asked God for a Mate - Where is he/she/" was littered with spelling and typ-O's. I apologize.

While posting I got a phone call from a lady I know named Lynnie. She has been an an abusive marriage for nearly 25 years...the sweetest person in the world who learned from the old school church that the "wife is supposed to sanctify" the husband...She was taught there are only a couple reasons divorce are and option and unfortunately that erroneous teaching has pushed her to the edge of either being taking her own life or apparently having it taken from her.

Please, please intercede for Lynnie a Spirit filled, albeit misled christian who thinks God intends for her to be a punching bag. Please pray that God will put a hedge of protection about her. Pray that God will let HIS mind be in her complete with wisdom to know that nothing - NOTHING should come between a human and his/her creator. NOTHING. Please pray that Lynnie will understand that God laid out very specific parameters for honoring marriage including adultery and submitting to a man who is in turn SUBMITTED TO CHRIST

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 05:31 PM

Linnie is it? Your prayers are appreciated. Your critique and judgement typical in a forum such as this where you could hardly understand the nuances or chain of events are quite different than how they read here.

I expected that response albeit not from you based on things I've read with much appreciation and respect.

Heres my final comment to you on this subject: Pray with your heart and shut your mouth. You don't know me or this situation. You are a stranger on a christian website who seems to have lots of answers but little confidence in Gods ability to work.

I am not angry with you just disappointed with your lack of faith or at least display of ignorance. Forget that you read my post for your understanding bespeaks your inexperience and lack of finesse when dealing with delicate matters. Who told you that you had all the answers? Is it possible that this format simply doesn't permit all the nuances that will allow all the details of this situation - that you are not getting a complete picture but highlights? Is that possible? Are you really that hostile, assuming and ignorant as to call my integrity into question? I see now that rather than "sharing" what was on my heart it was probably best to leave things unsaid so that people like you don't have a drum to beat or soap box to stand on. Lesson learned. The point of that post was to thank those standing in prayer over this situation and who have seen God work and know HE is able.

As for my career and experiece and education and whatever else you want to attack in the name of christianity: I am not a retiree of any police force. Perhaps you can go back and re-read whatever your mind thought you understood?

If you cannot or will not pray: Shut up. The power of life and death is in the tongue. Your attack on me and my family speaks volumes and puts you not in a position of authority or knowledge. You comments are not helpful or caring. As the saying goes with friends like you who needs enemies. You are not the person I was addressing when I asked prayer warriors to pray. You come across as a sensationalist who has a drum to beat and a soap box to stand on. Your consel is not counsel that I would seek. You disappoint in your nearsighted, judgemental approach to a most delicate situation. You are talking about my sister whom you know nothing about in terms of her reactions or responses. Are you so naive or ignorant as to think that many things have been done over the years as you, your "highness", might have done them?

My mistake was sharing some things I could not fully explain in this format for the sake of brevity and time. Had I anticipated such long distance judgement and hateful response I would have left it at a simple prayer request. Silly me to think some Dr Phil wannabe wouldn't jump on her high horse and ride it right into the ground. Thank you for teaching a most valuable lesson...Now do me a favor and have the last word as I know you must and move on to the next person who seeks your wisdom and guidance rather than God's.

To the rest of my family who has shown much love and support in this most serious circumstance: Thank you for standing with me in prayer that God WILL work this out for the good of all those involved! Thank you for NOT saying insensitive and misguided things intended to harm in the name of christiianity. God has done great things and there is nothing too hard for HIM.

God bless family - Elise!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 05:41 PM

Please Lynnie...you are full of yourself and couch it witha bunch of scriptures to feel good...I am not angry, just disappointed with your response to someone asking you to pray.

You personally attacked someone you know nothing about and said evil things about my sister. This is a tough situation not for me but for my sister whom God loves as much as he love you or me. As a former law enforcement officer and as her sister I have done all that anyone might do in the natural. I was suggesting that that hasn't worked and I might just know a little bit more than you suspect I do about domestic violence and the law.

This is a christian based website where I would hope people believe in praying and taking things to God WHO IS the final authority and works things out when everything else fails. Thats not a last resort my dear sister. Going to God for real christians is THE FIRST resort.

Now so that we can stop going back and forth:

Unless you are going to pray without the vitriole and unwarranted attacks on myself and my family who is deperately in need of prayer, please move on to someone who will not see you as I do at this moment:

A sister in Christ growing in grace as am I.

Peace and honor and while I did not care for your snap judgement or appreciate how ugly you showed up in my hour of need I will continue to read your responses to other peoples post as I have always respected them...This situation, with my sister, my blood, is a little too close to my heart to let you practice your craft on. You hurt people rather than help...at least in this situation.

God bless and keep you always in HIS care so that you always find yourself floating high above the fray and with every answer you need. Thanks for your support and prayer.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 05:43 PM

You are a Godsend my brother and I thank God for you always. I got a call from Lynnie today and she is coming down to look for a house in my town. I am overjoyed. Please pray as you know when a woman decides to leave is the most dangerous time of all...but I know God is able!

Lov ya Elise!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 05:44 PM

Thank you for standing in prayer with us Lydia...God is working and I know this will be a victory report!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 05:46 PM

Thank you Michelle for your prayers...God is able to do all and exceedingly above all that we can ask or think to ask. I see Him working this thing out and while I didn't get to mention it before her husband is a backslider and God can help him too! Not that they need to be together! God forbid from my perspective but Jesus died for him too and so I pray for him to come back to Jesus as well.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 05:44 AM

dear elisee, i am glad to hear shes comin your way and wanting to get out of that situation.. will keep prayin for her strength and courage.. and protection.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 05:50 AM

dear folks, i am a little saddened.. i ask you all is this really the spirit of which you want attached to a prayer request? the same kind of attacking spirit thats after this lady whose prayers are asked for? this is not the place for it. there isnt a place for it amongst the christian brothers and sisters.. i hope everyone will rethink their choice of words here..

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 03:27 PM

Ah, don't take it that way ole cattle; I know what you're saying, but actually - Lynne is correct in what she says. She's simply being brutally honest, because she's been there.

I've dealt with a few ladies in abusive situations myself, and I'll be honest, I don't understand it either, but I know enough to know that Lynne's quite correct. I've seen featherlight ladies make a 6'6" muscular man quiver. If this lady is letting someone threaten her, she's part of the problem.

Also, because of her past, this is very personal to Lynne, so she's going to say things with a little more zeal and matter-of-factness than most. It's not lack of compassion at all - merely brutal honesty from someone who knows.

In fact, my former girlfriend went through this with a boyfriend (I was one of her closest friends at the time) and I kept trying to help her. She'd call me up, all in a panic "I need some place safe - right now!" So I'd go through a tremendous amount of work finding her a safe haven and transportation to get her and her children there. All the while my spiritual mentor kept telling me not to bother, because she was part of the problem.

By the time I got help, the boyfriend had sobered up, everything was fine and "Oh, well, why on earth were you finding me a place to stay?" and my mentor was saying "I told you so."

It wasn't until she got out of the relationship that she even realized what she was doing!

This is why cops do NOT like domestic disputes; it's a messy, messy situation that is usually not resolved, though they may drag someone off in cuffs - they'll just be welcomed back later on.

We do need to pray though, and Elisee - we're praying for you too. Have you dealt with situations like this before?

Ian

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 03:43 PM

Elisee - something happened with the posts as I was reading through them; I missed your one post.

We all need to calm down a minute. First of all - let us remind ourselves that email messes up a lot of communication. I understand Elisee that yes, sometimes for brevity, privacy, whatever, you can't give details and that leads to communication problems.

I am praying for you and this "linnie" in question, but I'm sorry - much of what Lynne said was right on the mark. I've been suicidal, I've counseled and dealt with suicidals, I've counseled abused women in similar situations (and got dragged into a few myself). I speak from personal experience.

I have to admit, I too am baffled - you are aware of liabilities, are you not? What if harm comes to this woman? This was the part I hated working in a school; if I even *suspected* abuse, by law, I was required to say something, or I'd be liable if this child was harmed. it's quite the same with this woman - she has told you she is being abused, threatened, yada yada.

If you have taken action, and cannot say, then I understand, but don't go so harshly chastising Lynne for saying that you need to do something - in fact, you are liable if you do nothing.

But please do not rebuke Lynne in the way that you did for speaking the truth. I'm tempted to repeat some of your own words to you, but they were so rude I don't want to inflame the situation any more than it already is - but I'm sorry, you were out of line in some of your remarks.

Nevertheless, not a fun situation you're in - I am praying for you, and for this lady.

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 06:19 PM

Thank you all for your prayers.

The end.

Page : 1 2