Author Thread: LOOKERS
Admin

LOOKERS
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 11:18 PM

there appears to be only a hand full or more of men (little more of women too) that respond. i like the chats because it shares more of the person. I also use it for discussion points with my adult daughters (like the one on "use of i love you meaning"). So for the "lookers" - are you out there? or are there really only a handful of people on this web site?

Linnie41

View Profile
History
LOOKERS
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 12:41 AM

I never thought of using some of these posts for discussion points with my kids - great idea!!

ian777

View Profile
History
LOOKERS
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 05:46 AM

I'd say it's a few handfulls at least. Many non-US members too; which is great to see (I'm looking for a Canadian).

There is far less traffic here on the discussion groups than over at, say, Christianmingle, thoug I find the discussion over here much more beneficial and fun.

But by comparison, I've only had about 35 views on CM in a month, and over here in maybe 2 weeks, I've had almost a 100 views - if that can be a gauge of any kind (I don't think it is personally; a lot of people are just looking at profiles to see who this person is, with no interest romantically at all).

What I have found here is that you gotta watch and try and figure out who's been participating and who hasn't - a LOT of people still have a profile on here, but haven't been around in MONTHS. This isn't anywhere near the problem on CM or over on christiancafe. In fact christiancafe seems to have the most traffic, even when you filterthe searches down to only people who've visited in the last month - and almost all of those had been on in the past few days.

The funny thing is, this is the best site because you can c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-e, whereas all the other sites cause a lot of grief, headache and heartache because you have to PAY to communicate, and the person you're trying to contact has to pay to sometimes even READ your email!

Ian

Ian

View Profile
History
LOOKERS
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 04:46 PM

dear folks, im here for real hehe.. this site can grow. one thing that would help is if the last post written on would show up so ya dont have to wander around to find it.. you know refresh itself every so often and when a new post is made.. cause if i see a new member writing here and i have to search past the first two pages i dont keep lookin for it. and well that may make them folks not feel like what they had to say was important.. you may loose alot of new folks because of that..

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
LOOKERS
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 06:18 PM

Agreed ole - there is one trick. Click on the last poster's username, and when you get to their profile, down at the bottom it lists their posts on the forums.

I sometimes do that when I'm trying to find the most recent post.

Ian

View Profile
History
LOOKERS
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 05:54 AM

dear ian, thanks for the tip..

ole cattle