Author Thread: How 'good' is your vision?
Admin

How 'good' is your vision?
Posted : 29 Sep, 2017 02:22 PM

I posted this as a reply to a question here on the forums. It has some things that I think might be of benefit to those who desiring to better understand of 'the heart of God'... It's simply some shared thoughts... and sometimes things are more to our benefit in the allowing time of sincere thought to be our chosen effort - rather than weighed debates on the pros and cons of the subject... 'Head logic' and a heart's honest appraisal' may beget 'hoped for Wisdom'... my best to all and God bless....

MY POST: I hope you don't mind my simply sharing my same thoughts as I answered this once under the title of 'height'... so hear goes:**** Okay, I am 5'8 and 1/2" tall and I would rather 'keep company' with a man of shorter stature and bigger heart than visa-versa... but then again, I am a person who always sees 'beyond the physical looks' - to see the person... This really hit home one time for me, in my self-understanding, when someone asked if so and so wore glasses, (I was terribly embarrassed because I am an intelligent and basically observant person - I thought), but I honestly couldn't tell them whether they wore glasses or not - but I could tell them the color of their eyes!... yeah - go figure... So there are people who actually do 'look on the heart' rather than 'upon the stature'... And those that do so, we are more 'akin to the heart of God' - for look at the Hebrews, who were soooo quickly to set 'stature' as the one, truly defining feature, 'of a real king'... And so God gave the Hebrew people what they desired most, out of what appears to be 'flesh-based issues of pride' - when they demanded a king, in order to 'be like all the other nations'... It was Saul's 'stature' for he stood head and shoulders above all the other men... 1 sam 8:19-21- 9:2 'Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles. And Samuel heard all the words of the people, and he rehearsed them in the ears of the Lord. Now there was a man of Benjamin, whose name was Kish, the son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Bechorath, the son of Aphiah, a Benjamite, a mighty man of power. And he had a son, whose name was Saul, a choice young man, and a goodly: and there was not among the children of Israel a goodlier person than he: from his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people. 1 sam 10:17-24 'And Samuel called the people together unto the Lord to Mizpeh; And said unto the children of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I brought up Israel out of Egypt, and delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all kingdoms, and of them that oppressed you: And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the Lord by your tribes, and by your thousands. And when Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the tribe of Benjamin was taken. When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family of Matri was taken, and Saul the son of Kish was taken: and when they sought him, he could not be found. Therefore they enquired of the Lord further, if the man should yet come thither. And the Lord answered, Behold he hath hid himself among the stuff. And they ran and fetched him thence: and when he stood among the people, he was higher than any of the people from his shoulders and upward. And Samuel said to all the people, See ye him whom the Lord hath chosen, that there is none like him among all the people? And all the people shouted, and said, God save the king.' People have tried to say that he was a young man, near to the age of a teen, and therefore 'afraid' because of his youth.. but I do not think this is the case - because Saul had 3 sons who appear to be immediately instilled within the ranks of Saul's army... 1sam 13:1-3 'Saul reigned one year; and when he had reigned two years over Israel, Saul chose him three thousand men of Israel; whereof two thousand were with Saul in Michmash and in mount Bethel, and a thousand were with Jonathan in Gibeah of Benjamin: and the rest of the people he sent every man to his tent. And Jonathan smote the garrison of the Philistines that was in Geba, and the Philistines heard of it. And Saul blew the trumpet throughout all the land, saying, Let the Hebrews hear.' 1 sam 13:16,22 'And Saul, and Jonathan his son, and the people that were present with them, abode in Gibeah of Benjamin: but the Philistines encamped in Michmash. So it came to pass in the day of battle, that there was neither sword nor spear found in the hand of any of the people that were with Saul and Jonathan: but with Saul and with Jonathan his son was there found.' So these verses prove that he was a mature man, having actually 3 sons who served in Saul's army, as well as two daughters that are mentioned in scripture... So being a man who had 3 sons of fighting age - which means over the age of 20 according to several places in the Pentatuch (ie: 1st 5 books of the bible), then he was obviously NOT a teenager - yet people want to 'excuse' what surely seems to be 'less than kingly qualities' in hiding amongst 'the stuff' as the bible puts it! How different are the extremes between a grown man hiding amongst the baggage, and a young boy/man going against a giant with a slingshot and 5 smooth stones!!!! Yet the people chose by 'visage' ("Oh, how 'kingly' Saul looks!") and God, chose by 'the heart'! Even Saul could not invision David as the King... He too, got carried away with the idea of 'looks fortelling character' when he judged according to 'the fleshy idea of what a king looks like'... 1 Sam 16:6-7 'And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the Lord's anointed is before him. But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.' I share all this, because I hate when people state something, as being fact - from scripture, but never bother to establish it as verifiable facts, by giving 'book... chapter... verse...' And so I try to do so, whenever I have the time... But the whole point is this: 'God looks upon the heart - man's greatest failings will be in having eyes 'that see, but see not... and ears that hear, but hear not' Ezek 12:2 'Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not;they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.' There is a remedy, but few desire it,... Rev 3:18 'I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. May the peace of a loving Father give rest to your soul - for the days will not always seem so long, and the journey so tiring... and God bless... (I hope this makes sense - I am sick with a cold and not fully myself today : )