Author Thread: Courting
Admin

Courting
Posted : 21 Dec, 2017 06:49 PM

I court. I don't date. When I tell a man this why do they stare at me like i have lost it. I want to have that convent with a God fearing man. I want to do this the way God wants us to. I don't need someone to spend 3 yrs being my bf. I also dont think want to get married tomorrow either. Maybe know understanda exactly what courting is or maybe i am alone on this. Why do men find court appalling?

View Profile
History
Courting
Posted : 16 Apr, 2018 07:19 PM

This is a lovely topic.

I wished there were equal amounts of people who would court then we might find what we need.

It's challenging.

View Profile
History
Courting
Posted : 4 May, 2018 05:23 PM

The fact that you state you court and don't date, I think does scare a lot of people off. I think part of it is because courtship is seen as so old fashioned, and the world has replaced dating with it. (maybe using the term about going steady if they have entered what was called courtship at one time). Some will see it as "this crazy fool wants to get married right away"... well... The idea of courtship isn't foolish. It is, however, best suited, imho, as a stage after dating and realizing that "Hey, I kinda like this person, let's see where God takes it." That's just me though and I won't say my opinion is popular either. But, popularity isn't my goal. I's a life for God, and honoring the woman He has in store for me.

In days past, courting was done once marriage intentions were made... usually with a dowry and permission from dad. I think this is a big part of what makes the phrase "courting" so scary to us guys in general. Especially if we may have had bad experiences with the women in our lives trying to micro-manage our every move.

Page : 1 2