Author Thread: I Thank God For My life......I could Have Been Dead!
Admin

I Thank God For My life......I could Have Been Dead!
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 10:52 PM

Last Tuesday started out like any other day for me! Just a few weeks ago I had been blessed with a Second part time job where I worked as a cashier at a convenient store on Monday - Wednesday from 7:45 am - 4:00 pm. I ran the store all by myself which really didn�t bother me. My morning started out just like any other morning, nothing different.

But all this was soon to change! At around 3:00 pm three masked men stormed into the store and pointed a gun at me through the glass window which was big enough for the one guy to put his whole arm through and point the gun to my face and demanded that I give them all the money or they would kill me. They threw a bag at me and demanded that I fill it up with money and cigarettes�.

I�ve never been so scared in my life! I was shaking so bad I couldn�t even get my cash register to open fast enough, which aggravated them because they thought I was doing it deliberately. They kept screaming at me and threatening to pull the trigger until I finally got the register open. I just started throwing the money at them and pleading for my life, I then pushed the whole register towards them, at this point they got distracted by the money and I then saw the opportunity to take cover, and press the panic alarm. I got on my knees and crawled to the back of the store where they couldn�t get to me. By the time the police got to me I was so shaken all I kept on thinking about was how I almost didn�t make it back home to my little baby who is only 8 months old.

But I thank God for his protection because if it wasn�t for God I could have died on that day or ended up laying in some hospital with gunshot wounds. I later found out on the news that two gas station around the same neighborhood, were robbed on the same day and one of the clerks from the other gas station was shot and injured during the robbery. I just really want to give God all the glory and praise for his mercy and protection over my life. So far the Police only made one arrest and I pray to God that they will find all the people involved in the robbery because as long as they�re still out on the streets they can strike again and this time the person may not be as fortunate as I was. Needless to say as much as the second job was a great help to me and my son, I had to quite that Job because I can�t afford to risk my life like that. I just have to trust that the Lord will open another door of opportunities for me and bless me with another better and safer Job.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:31 AM

dear blessed, im very glad that no harm came to you..that wouldof been very rough to go through..

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 07:25 PM

Amen - glad you're alright!

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 10:23 PM

Thanks Ole Cattle I thank God for his protection!

Have a blessed day.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 10:25 PM

Thanks Ian I give all praise to God :prayingf:

Have a blessed day.