Author Thread: Proverbs 18:22, 1 Corinthians 7:27
Admin

Proverbs 18:22, 1 Corinthians 7:27
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 04:32 AM

Hello everyone, my name is John, I am 55 years old, and single, never married. I have been on this site for almost one full year, and it has been a blessing to me. I have met many wonderful ladies, and in chat I have spoke with faithful and blessed men and women. The site has been a help and comfort to me, because I am single I often feel lonely. But receiving messages from new friends, and being able to chat live, makes the stress and tension of loneliness a bit easier. I am afraid to find a wife, but I am not afraid to find love. There are very many reasons to marry, which are of this world: sharing life's works, economic help, raising children, the shared bed, someone to talk to. As a man, these things can also be troubles, as the bible warns in 1Cor 7:28. Love on the other hand has no such warnings. I hope to find love, so that the cost of marriage is worth the prize of love. It will need to be almost a perfect love; self sacrificing, faithful, alive. Personally I have a further disadvantage: I am old at 55. I can only give 20, perhaps 25 good years, if God is willing. It feels like I have a talent to use for God, to love a woman. Will love for a woman steal away love for my neighbor, and for my love of service to Christ? This is the struggle of a single older lonely man. Say hello if you like. Say a prayer for me, if you so feel to. Know that I am out here, praying and praising the Lord who saved me from death that I might enter into this life. God is good to bless each one, God bless you. John the servant of Jesus Christ.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 09:20 AM

Hello John welcome loneliness is a major issue for Christian singles, so I'm glad that you have been able to make friendships with people on this site.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 08:50 PM

@Jayzeee: Yet if that was the case you'd think most here would be more willing to talk. My understating is that most here don't reply to message sent.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 08:51 PM

Yes it always nice to see people having good luck on a dating site like this.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2018 03:40 AM

Yes aham it's unfortunate that as Christians, we don't treat each other better. But that has been my experience too, which is why I no longer send out messages, But always respond to any messages received, and as a result have had many rewarding conversations.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2018 12:31 PM

I been taking a more bulk approach. Send anyone within my area that fits my standards a message. I likely have messaged well over 100 users and maybe got 10 people that were nice enough to reply. And only 3 of witch were willing to talk.

I can't help but wonder why a non NT would be so far more willing to talk online then non NTs. Or maybe this site is home to many other non NTs?

NT=Neurotypical

bgmap

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2018 09:31 PM

I would say: don't be afraid my friend.

If you desire a family just go for it.

There's always advantages and disadvantages, but that is live :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2019 12:25 AM

I just read your message. Simple and true wisdom, thanks Bud!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2019 12:32 AM

Hi Jayzell. I know that we have chatted together before, and thanks for your reply! I suppose this is not a chat link, but after posting my opinion there is opportunity for people to post replies. Now I am not sure if the purpose of replying is for the person writing the post originally, or for the people who read the post, and the replys linked to it? Replys give to readers more input and understanding of the issues and opinions. But there is not notice of a reply, and I won't go back to check each day for a reply. Yet it sure is appreciated that people do reply! So, thank you to everyone for replying and especially to you Jayzell because I know you are special gal. God bless you all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2019 12:34 AM

Ooops, its Jayzee, and NOT Jayzell. Sorry for my spelling error.