Author Thread: Are you a contentious woman? Are you a brawling woman?
Admin

Are you a contentious woman? Are you a brawling woman?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 07:16 AM

Hello ladies, does the following scriptures upset you? Are you a contentious woman? Are you a brawling woman? If you are then you're not a Godly woman (this applies to men also just to be clear, no one should be brawling or contentious). The world has taught women to be brawling and contentious, to stand up and scream at the top of their lungs that "I am woman, hear me roar". They have been taught that it's ok to let their voice and opinion be heard in any form or any way possible, that they can do or say whatever they please to get their point across. Well, the bible teaches us men to stay away from that kind of woman. We are actually taught, by the bible, God's word, that a woman who feareth the Lord should be praised. It is most certainly not wrong for a woman to stand up and defend herself or keep herself from being run all over but she should do it in a Godly way and not as a worldly woman by brawling and being contentious. Getting mad and hollering, cussing, screaming, being a smart mouth and trashing somebody is ways of the world. Just wondering if these scriptures interfere with your walk with Christ?

Proverbs 31:30 (AKJV)

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

Proverbs 21:9 (AKJV)

9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Proverbs 27:15 (AKJV)

15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

Proverbs 21:19 (AKJV)

19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

CONTENTIOUS =Apt to contend; given to angry debate; quarrelsome; perverse.

Christson2^

View Profile
History
Are you a contentious woman? Are you a brawling woman?
Posted : 23 Nov, 2018 08:34 PM

I can attest to all these verse of scripture. I lived it. May of you may not even know the answer to this posed question as no one knowingly wants to be grouped into this category. Most of you will be discovered after marriage but there is hope. Let the Holy Spirit work in you. We all need Him to work in us.