Author Thread: Would like a reply if it applys to you...
Admin

Would like a reply if it applys to you...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 07:50 PM

Do any of you have more than one site you place your profile on? If you dont mind sharing which web address and what your comments are on them I would consider it a lot of help to me.

I am on 2 other christian dating site. Christianpassions.com and Metrodate.com

I havent been on ither site very long. Does any one have a comment (opinion) on these 2?

Metrodate is the site I dont have a photo up because I have been getting the most scammers in my email. I really am thinking about deleting the profile but since I have no photo I think I will just test the waters a little longer. I havent been getting any more scammers in my inbox lately since I deleted my photo.

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:02 PM

Hey Tkn,

I really didn't want to post this, but really did want to post it. I wanted to post it because I think we all want the input, but I didn't want to post it because it may come across as advertising the competition for CDFF. But, we all wanna know. here's my assessment of the ones I've tried, starting with the best to the worst.

Christiancafe.com LOTS of variety and users; had the most matches of any site I've been on, and the matches were really good. The search is excellent as well.

Also the cheapest pay-site I've been on, they let you communicate even on the free accounts, but if you're on the free account, email addresses are stripped from your emails if you try to send someone your email address. You also have a ten-day startup period where you can communicate for free, and you earn extra free days if you invite someone. Cost me I think $40 for three months. Obviously designed for christians by people who understand christians. Profiles and photos are all censored manually.

One neat feature: You can delete an email in someone else's inbox if you sent it. So if you realize you wrote something stupid, you can delete it before they see it. Live chats, but no forums.

CDFF Nowhere near as many users, lots of dead profiles of people who haven't been on here in months, sometimes years. The matching system and searches really don't work well. The forums have been a HUGE blessing, very active, good quality posts and fellowship. You are free to communicate with any members, and it's a free site. It is *MUCH* better than many paid sites for these reasons; I honestly wish it had more users because this is still one of the best sites out there. The live chats are very active and a real blessing. it is VERY well thought out for Christians, and obviously seeks to minister to Christians.

I made a donation via paypal, just to say "thanks" because it really is SUCH a good site.

Christianmingle Good search, lots of users. Their compass matching is *very* well done, and their "colour profile" is also very well done. A good christian site.

Smiles are very well thought out and fun, very active forums with good discussion, but also lots of utterly useless discussion. Also seemed to be an excess of (shall we say) less mature christians. I don't know why, but it caused some grief, division and strife in the discussions.

You must pay to send or receive emails or read what is written inside a card. This is *not* clearly spelled out and was frankly, disastrous in many ways for me. I got on CM first because of *one* lady's profile and paid my $30 for one month, JUST so I could email this one lady. I never heard back from her.

Then I found her on Christiancafe, took a chance, wrote to her - and she wrote back! She never got my email on CM, turns out SHE also had to pay $30 just to READ any emails sent to her!

I have now cancelled my subscription with CM for these and a few other reasons. It is a site obviously designed for christians by people who understand christians.

Also had lots of frustrations with my profile photo; they were VERY picky about what you could post for profile photos, and made it near impossible to allow you to pick the one you wanted.

Profiles and photos are all censored manually.

christianlifestyle was "okay" I didn't like the searches, the matches weren't the greatest, I didn't like the format of the entire website. Didn't try this site much for several reasons, many of which I've now forgotten. Didn't like the site very much.

Now we get to the sites I really hated.

Eharmony; it's a secular business that just understands that a person's faith is important to them. Unbelievably expensive ($55/month), THEY send you a match; couldn't do a search unless I paid membership, and *couldn't even see what they thought was a match for me unless I paid!* It was all-around stupid frankly. The profiling was obviously very exhaustive and well thought out, but I guess I'll never know how well it matched me because there was no way I was going to pay $55 JUST to see if their computer had half a brain! (which apparently it didn't, seeing as how I told it I was only interested in ladies from Canada, and the matches it sent were from like, California and such)

BIgchurch Again, a secular site trying to get money from christians. The searches weren't very good, the matches weren't very good, lots of scammers, lots of profiles but again, many from people who haven't been around for months or years. They did show you when the person was last on at least.

Obviously the website was built by secular people who had no inkling of what a christian was looking for. Lots of intimate questions about your sex life and stuff. You had to pay to send emails, and they did have one smart option: You could pay a little extra and the "free members" would be able to write you back, even if they hadn't paid their membership for the priviledges of writing to others. They also told you clearly who could not write you back because they were on the free account.

I hated the site, and deleted my profile - even though I paid for a month; I deleted it about two weeks in, I hated it that much.

Date.com and date.ca - again, secular site, found it totally useless as far as finding christians was concerned. Promptly deleted my profile.

There was one other site, no profile needed, LOTS of people on it, looked at about 1,500 profiles - only about 5 or 6 caught my attention, to give you an idea of the quality of profiles on there. Can't remember what site it was.

My toosense,

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:48 PM

Thanks lan that helped me and I am going to just stick it out here and try to just chk in with the other sites now and then. I have the same opinion about eharmony myself.lol

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 09:52 PM

Hey chances,

I found out something more this past week about Christiancafe - I had written a lady there, waited a week for a response. She never got on line. Then I figured out - "Oh, it's because her free trial expired."

So ya, people get on there for the free trial, and when it is expires, they can't even log on, let alone read the emails you sent them.

However - they did one thing smarter than CM; they give you the opportunity to buy someone else a subscription. There's been once or twice now where I wanted to do that, so it was nice to see that.

It was still seriously irritating though, because now my long list of interestees just got a whole lot shorter, because if they haven't been on line in the past TEN DAYS then they are probably on the free trial which has expired.

Anyway - some more info I discovered on my drive out here.

God bless,

Ian

jkgdc

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 11:19 AM

I am on plentyoffish.com.

It's a big site, but not many christians there, so I'm thinking about deleting it (if I start getting any mail here).

It's a good site, but a lot of hurting people there, seems like.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 05:52 AM

dear jd, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

MissBeach

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 07:41 AM

I'm also on the Christian Cafe. The Cafe is one of the better sites. God Bless you in your search!