Author Thread: Just wanna know...
Admin

Just wanna know...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:57 AM

I just finished reading Steve Harvey's book: Act like a Lady, Think Like a Man and thought is had some really good, but basic old fashioned values...Very funny and I loved it! But still...I gotta ask...

Is it true...that women who seem to "have it all together" make men feel not needed or intimidated in some way and are less likely to meet good guys? ...Guys?

View Profile
History
Just wanna know...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 07:16 AM

dear elisee, not this ole man.. not intimidated at all. way too confident for that..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Just wanna know...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:33 PM

Is it true...that women who seem to "have it all together" make men feel not needed or intimidated in some way and are less likely to meet good guys? ...Guys?

Dear Elisee, Wish I could answer same as good ole cattle but would be a "fake" in doing so. :goofball:

I had a floor job today from an ad I put on CL for a woman moving into an office space here in my town, never seen her before. To my surprise she was very attractive, no ring, a lawyer, drove an Escalade, and well dressed. My first impression was SNOB...but WOW!

We shook hands and discussed what needed to be done and she went to work and I also did. When complete called her to come have a look and bring the vault so I could get paid...lol She came and was ex static over this puny little floor I installed for her and couldn't thank me enough! She thought I was the best thing since sliced bread. She even tipped me?

Turns out we chatted just a lil bit (business only) and she just was the nicest person you'd want to talk to, and excited with her new venture.

I reckon the point I would like to make is that it depends on the woman's personality, is she full of herself snob? Or is she down home and friendly. That's my take... what were we talking about? ...Jim

View Profile
History
Just wanna know...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 06:51 PM

Honestly, I think we're talking about the experience you just related: Many would assume that lady to be a "snob" because of her effects but unlike you might never take the chance to find out about her personality...or mine for that matter!lol

I really did want to say that because no doubt someone will think: "Oh she thinks shes got it all together" to which I want to stand on a mtn top and YELL at the top of my lungs:

Everything that I am

Everything that I have

Everthing that I ever hope to do, be or accomplish...

I OWE TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST WHO CAN AND WILL DO THE SAME FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE FOR HE IS NO REPECTER OF PERSONS...

By now Jim...you might be seeing some a little more of me than most! lol

Peace and honor to you my brother!

View Profile
History
Just wanna know...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 09:47 PM

Everything that I am

Everything that I have

Everthing that I ever hope to do, be or accomplish...

I OWE TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST WHO CAN AND WILL DO THE SAME FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE FOR HE IS NO REPECTER OF PERSONS...

AMEN to that!!! Well said, well executed!

By now Jim...you might be seeing some a little more of me than most! lol

I could live with that...

Love and honor to you my Sister!

View Profile
History
Just wanna know...
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 08:21 PM

NO...love and honor to YOU!:rolleyes:

Love in Christ, Elise:waving:

:prayingf: