Author Thread: Guys and initiative
Admin

Guys and initiative
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 06:59 PM

Why is it that guys don't seem to take the initiative anymore? Asking a girl out instead of waiting for her to make the first move. I've discovered that usually it is the non-Christian guys who know to make the moves and the Christians who don't. (Probably why I am more attracted to the non-Christians). On-line sites don't help either. Everyone waits for an e-mail.

View Profile
History
Guys and initiative
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 07:31 PM

dear alshara,,, i couldnt tell you as i dont have that problem hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Guys and initiative
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 07:32 PM

oops i forgot ,welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

Jeff525

View Profile
History
Guys and initiative
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 07:34 PM

A female friend uses a term"wimpy christians" now she really meant that for people who are phony christians. But, in this case it works. The bible gives no advice for our modern practice of "dating". Never existed. But, if we men seriously read the word, and live by it, we should come to understand how to be a strong enough man to ask out a girl we find attractive( spiritually not just physically). So, don't give in and date whoever. As it written, do not un equally yoke yourself. Trust me, divorce will be the next step and it is not pleasureable at all. The word is full of Godly examples of real men, Jesus and King David for starters. I pray God will lead you to the man he for you, trust him and seek his will. Dare I say "patience" lots of it.

View Profile
History
Guys and initiative
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 03:04 AM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and Peace be unto you my sister. To answer your question:

Personally, I would only choose to take the initiative if I'm truly interested in the lady. I can't speak for guys who are afraid to take the intiative even if they are interested in the woman; but I can say that people are dfferent and behave differently.

I believe that GOD sends people into our lives for a reason. Faithfulness to GOD is key. If my heart is in such a place as to where I'm attracted to those who don't believe in the LORD JESUS CHRIST, then why would a Jealous GOD send someone to me that oves and is devoted to HIM. I believe that this is one of the test we as Christians are given. Many of us have failed and have to take it overagain.

Remember that a Virtous woman is a crown to her husband, but she that makes ashamed is as rotteness in his bones. (Prov 12:4)

Heart to Heart...I believe that if a woman's heart is pure, then GOD (according to HIS own blessed will and purpose) will send a man of a pure heart to her in due season.

But if your heart is in such a place as to desire those who don't love GOD, this is something to intensely seek GOD about (for a heart cleansing).

All in all, ask GOD to lead you to that person and that person to you. Because no good thing will HE withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Ps 84:11)

If/when we settle for those who don't believe (unless they come to CHRIST), we can expect problems.

But be strong and of good courage. Sometimes you can best believe that when unbelievers approach you so quickly it's only because they want something quick and not long lasting. A Christian would be more cautious in that he is thinking long-term (marriage). A non-believer may only be seeking a quick trill. Be careful.

In the love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

View Profile
History
Guys and initiative
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 10:58 AM

Thank you for all your input. It makes sense that since the priorities of Christian men differ from that of Non-Christians then their actions will differ as well. I appreciate all of your responses.