Author Thread: Struggling in faith?
antoniobradiano

View Profile
History
Struggling in faith?
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 07:10 PM

I remember my mother telling me to never pray for patience and thought why not? To her it meant God would test you. I tried talking to her about this but gave up lol.Regardless our faith is gonna be tried and tested so why not pray for help in this? I dont have the answer to why things happen the way they do but I do know who it is for. 1st It is for God.(In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:Ephesians 1:10). 2, for your neighbor Like the 1st when you help your neighbor God said inasmuch as you have done unto others you have done unto me.

Romans 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 5

1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

So when your faith is put to the test Ask God to help you understand why and for who. It might be a couple of years for who ma come along or why but either way you will go through thr process of Tribulation then patience then experience then hope. Its like riding a bike the first time is tribulaltion you will fall next is again patience you keep fallin then experience you start to balance then hope you could do bunny hopes or indo ( riding on front wheel). May God open your eyes and bless you.

View Profile
History
Struggling in faith?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 04:52 PM

dear tony, nice post.. im reminded of rememberin that even a beautiful flower must start with some manure mixed in with the seed it for it to flourish..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Struggling in faith?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 05:51 PM

Romans 8 (New International Version)

Romans 8

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Revelation 2:10 (New International Version)

10Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Colossians 2:15 (New International Version)

15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross