Author Thread: Why does is it seem to be hard for a man to be interested in lady with children?
Admin

Why does is it seem to be hard for a man to be interested in lady with children?
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 11:15 PM

I met a man on here in December. We talked for about 6 1/2 months. He sent me flowers on my birthday..the first ones I have ever gotten from any man, called.text....then he decided that it was to hard to deal with:rolleyes: Is there any particular reason that children scare off men? Just curious :glow:

View Profile
History
Why does is it seem to be hard for a man to be interested in lady with children?
Posted : 4 Jul, 2009 05:00 AM

dear sweet, someone with children dont scaire me off.

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 11:32 AM

Hey Sweet,

I'm sorry to hear about that. While children don't scare me off, I am trying to avoid a lady with children - IF their father is still alive. If she's a widow, then there's no problem.

I dated a single mom of three kids, from three different fathers. It was the only serious realationship I ever had, and it was a blessing in many ways. However, I am avoiding that this go around becuse marriage is tough enough as it is; I look around, and I'm frankly intimidated by the amount of divorce and break up I see all around me. My bride and I are going to have enough challenges as it is, so I'm avoiding it because that just adds a whole ball of wax to the mix, having to deal with the father of your stepchild. And all of the problems that come associated with a broken family - or in many cases, just a child that was born out of wedlock, as was the case with my former girlfriend.

But actually, while I think children may scare some men off, I don't think it scares most off. I'm not your usual case in that I've never been married or had children of my own. I think if a guy has had children already, it would change things for him.

Ian