Author Thread: single woman raising my grandson.
hephzibah

View Profile
History
single woman raising my grandson.
Posted : 4 Jul, 2009 08:01 PM

I have been raising my grandson who has recently turned 14,it has been hard without a man.His dad died when he was a baby .I know that he needs a man to wrestle with and do things that a boy would do with his dad.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 01:04 PM

hi

not to worry. if it is gods will, the right man will come at a time u least expect.

guess what, ur joy is only nearby:yay: , remember we serve a living god who never sleeps and who surely hears all of our prayers

have a lovely day friend:waving:

hephzibah

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 09:04 AM

Thanks for the encouragment.I rasied three daughters as a young wife and mother it is so different from raising a young man as a single working parent.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 08:04 PM

Have you checked into the Big Brother program? Also, you could talk to the pastor of your church and explain to him that your grandson needs a male influence - maybe one of the men that go to church there would be willing to step up and help out by doing "guy stuff" with him. I did this at my church (single mom with three boys) and a few of the guys did start doing things with the kids - it really helped!

hephzibah

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 08:11 AM

thank you for your input, I did ask my paster at the church I was attending but there was no response ,I no longer attend that church.I talked with my grandson about Big Brothers but he did not want to,I believe that he does not want to because of trust issues when he lived with his mom she invited strangers to live in thier apartment who stoled from him.