Author Thread: What should I do?
Admin

What should I do?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 10:57 AM

Last night, I visited a Christian singles group at a large church in town and afterward, a group of us went out to dinner. I had a really good time and on my way out, one of the guys was talking to me and he asked if I'd like to go to a movie with him sometime. I thought to myself, why not? So we exchanged numbers. I admit that I couldn't even remember his name, but I looked him up on facebook and found out. Also, I could tell he was a bit older than me, but I was hoping he wasn't too much older (I like older men, but I do have my limits). Well, I found out that he's 13 years older than me, which is definitely beyond my limit. So . . . at this point, I do want to go out with him simply because he was nice enough to ask and he seems like a decent guy . . . and he was charming :winksmile:. However, I'm not really sure it would work out as far as dating goes, but friendship would be nice. And who knows? Perhaps the age thing won't really be a big issue - I don't know.

I'm thinking that I should drive myself (since I really don't know him that well anyway) and maybe even suggest we each bring a friend or something. But at the same time, it would be fun to hang out with a guy by myself and just enjoy his company.

So, should I just go along with it and give it a try, or should I nip it in the bud now? What are you thoughts and what advice do you have?

ayngrady

View Profile
History
What should I do?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 01:59 PM

hi!

go! have fun! he asked you on a date not to go steady or marry him. no need to jump the gun. relax and have fun. its not really that big of a deal. who knows you may have a blast with him. its just a date!

k.ayn

View Profile
History
What should I do?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 03:52 PM

dear prov, its just one date .. so go see how ya feel about it all afterwards..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
What should I do?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 06:01 PM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you my sister.

This is a matter that you really want to seek the face of GOD on. One date can truly lead to so much more and that's not always good.

Having viewed your profile in seeking to give you sound advice, it seems that the gentleman you spake of is around 40 years old or so. Now personally, I don't have an issue with the age difference, but you do; and since you do, you really don't want to lead this gentleman on.

So seek GOD. You want the LORD'S guidance in All things. No you really don't know him so, bringing others could be a good idea, but that's something you want to seek GOD on as well. That's not to say that to others you bring have to crowd you at every moment. But seek GOD my sister, real hard.

When we really seek the LORD, GOD has a way of ending things before they go too far.

This gentleman could be your blessing, I don't know, but as you cast your cares on the LORD WHO cares for you, HE will give you that peace that passes all undestanding, keeping your heart and your mind through CHRIST JESUS.

Often times we don't want to be rude and hurt people's feelings, but a little hurt now can stop much pain later as we deal truly with our neighbors.

Remember that sometimes what we want in a mate is not what GOD gives us, but GOD gives us much better (esp heartwise). Then we'll say, Wow, this blessing is even better than I had hoped for. May the Good LORD lead you my sister.

Praise the LORD. Amen.

In the love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

View Profile
History
What should I do?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 07:15 PM

Thank you so much! I've decided that I'll go ahead and give it a shot. What can it hurt? He does seem like a nice guy, and how else will I get to know him? And who knows, maybe the age things won't matter - I've never dated an older guy, so maybe I'll be surprised. However, I've decided to drive myself and I'll have my phone just in case. :yay:

View Profile
History
What should I do?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 04:12 PM

Hello Prov

Since this would be a first date it might be wiser to meet him at the theatre. Just in case... That way if you feel uncomfortable at all, you at least have your own vehicle and can always leave.

Just a thought.