Author Thread: WHO DO YOU REALLY SERVE, SOCIETY OR GOD?
Admin

WHO DO YOU REALLY SERVE, SOCIETY OR GOD?
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 04:28 AM

HI LADIES.

AM I RIGHT IN SAYING THAT ON CDFF AND PROBABLY IN GENERAL, GUY'S THAT HAVE WHAT SOCIETY PERCIEVES 2 BE A GOOD PAYING JOB, ARE MORE LIKELY 2 GET INTEREST SHOWN IN THEM?

I MEAN, IF WE REALLY SERVE GOD, THE JOB WE DO, THE CAR WE DRIVE, THE HOUSE WE LIVE IN , THE MONEY WE MAKE AND SO ON, SHOULD FAR FROM STAND IN THE WAY OF FELLOWSHIP AND FRIENDSHIP WITH ONE ANOTHER, LOVE AND ESPECIALLY FROM SERVING OUR LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR.

AT THE MOMENT I WORK AS A CCTV OPERATOR JUST 2 GET BY, I DO ENJOY IT THOUGH, TO BE HONEST, IN THE LAST FEW YEARS, I HAVE BECOME MORE AND MORE DESPERATE TO MAKE MY LIVING VIA SOME FORM OF CHARITY WORK OR FROM WORKING IN A CHURCH AND JUST SERVING GOD, FOR THIS REASON, I LEFT UNIVERSITY A YEAR BACK, I MEAN, I JUST WANT TO SERVE THE LORD, GETTING PAYED BIG BUCKS IS OF NO CONCERN 2 ME. I AM NOT SAYING THAT GOING TO UNIVERSITY AND OR FURTHER EDUCATION IS WRONG, I'M JUST SAYING THAT PEOPLE CHOOSE DIFFERENT PATH'S IN LIFE, BUT IS IT RIGHT THAT THEY SHOULD BE CONDEMED AND OR IGNORED 4 THE PATH THEY WISH 2 TAKE, QUITE SIMPLY, THE LOVE OF MONEY, PERSONALLY, IS AN EXPRESS TRAIN 2 EVIL.

I'M FAR FROM ASHAMED OF WHAT I DO, I DO NOT AND WILL NEVER DELIGHT IN SOCIAL AND OR EDUCATIONAL APPRAISAL AND RECOGNITION, ALL I WANT TO DO IS SERVE GOD, IS THAT WRONG?

BELOW ARE 3 VERY VALID BIBLE VERSES WHICH RELATE 2 MY QUESTIONS AND POINTS OF VIEW.

COLOSSIANS 3:1-3

1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God

ROMANS 12:2

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is good, and acceptable, and the perfect, will of God.

PROVERBS 23:4

4Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom

THE POINT I'M TRYING 2 MAKE IS THAT, WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF FURTHERING OUR EDUCATION, WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF JOBS THAT SOCIETY RATE SO HIGHLY, WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF OUR WEALTH, HOWEVER, SUCH THINGS SHOULD NOT BE OUR FOCAL POINT, AND SHOULD NOT RESULT IN US DETESTING, REFUSING TO ASSOCIATE WITH OTHERS AND ALSO FROM US REFUSING TO RESPOND TO POLITE E-MAILS.

THE BIN MEN DESERVE THE SAME RESPECT AS THE DOCTORS, THE CLEANERS DESERVE THE SAME RESPECT AS THE ENGINEERS, THE SECURITY GUARD'S, DESERVE THE SAME RESPECT AS THE BARRISTERS, THE POST MEN OF THIS WORLD BY GOD DESERVE THE SAME RESPECT AS OBAMA, THE QUEEN OR GORDON BROWN, RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL.

IF WE TRULY LOVE GOD, WHY DO WE THEN DETESTE THOSE WHO SOCIETY PAYS NO RESPECT 2. THINK ABOUT IT.

I THINK THAT IT IS VERY UNFAIR THAT GUY'S IN GENERAL, SEND E-MAILS TO LADIES ON CDFF, POLITE ONES, AND YET, THEY GET NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER, I MEAN, HOW CAN WE SAY WE LOVE GOD, IF WE CANNOT LOVE OUR FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST, I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME GUY'S PROBABLY DO NOT RESPOND TO SOME LADIES, BUT SHOULD 2 WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT?

THE OTHER DAY I SENT AN E-MAIL TO A FEMALE MEMBER OF THIS SITE, POLITELY ASKING IF SHE COULD PROVIDE ME WITH THE EXACT CHAPTER AND VERSE IN THE SCRIPTURE WHICH RELATED TO SOME OF THE WORDS WHICH ARE CONTAINED IN HER PROFILE, TO MY AMAZEMENT, THE MSG WAS READ, BUT THERE WAS NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER, HONESTLY, I WAS NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN HER, I JUST DESIRED TO READ THAT VERSE, TELL ME WHERE I WENT WRONG, PLEASE.

SO IN CONCLUSION, THIS IS WHAT IS ON MY HEART, I WOULD APPRECIATE A WAIVE OF RESPONSES AND VIEWS IN WHICH I HAVE LAID B4 THE CDFF COMMUNITY.

HAVE A LOVELY DAY FRIENDS :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 09:52 AM

THE OTHER DAY I SENT AN E-MAIL TO A FEMALE MEMBER OF THIS SITE, POLITELY ASKING IF SHE COULD PROVIDE ME WITH THE EXACT CHAPTER AND VERSE IN THE SCRIPTURE WHICH RELATED TO SOME OF THE WORDS WHICH ARE CONTAINED IN HER PROFILE, TO MY AMAZEMENT, THE MSG WAS READ, BUT THERE WAS NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER, HONESTLY, I WAS NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN HER, I JUST DESIRED TO READ THAT VERSE, TELL ME WHERE I WENT WRONG, PLEASE.

I dont think that it appears to anything u done wrong u were just asking a question. I would have no offense to it because I need other christians to help me in my walk if I posted something that someone questioned me on. They learn and so do I even if I made the mistake please call me on it...It is a good thing to question if you need the answer. I think that u are correct in viewing how others are treated but, Christ had given warnings of the way we would be treated in this life. I noticed those that work harder at an emplyment are placed in a different label to the world systems or place that been there in histories before. I never understood how a person that had the most physical hard labor work can be treated in pay or in general everything the way they are labeled. Education is the key to this world and I noticed if the ones that fall or left behind in not following the certain steps (for ur reasons u mentioned or other reasons) that it remains in the system staying the same way or state. I do not have the gift to speak like an educated person should or to put it out where others could understand or explain the way an high colleged educator would explain this because they seem to have more of the skills than my level of education. But, to me the system is and will always work for them (the higher educated). I quiet a job that paid way more than what I am making now.I have more physical labor now then I had at the one before. I enjoy it like I enjoyed the one I had left. I quiet the job because of stress from my divorce and moved back home with my disabled mother.( I have a volunteer job and work for a living) Now I am having a good time with my Mother again and my job is closeto where I need to be and every thing worked out for me that I see. I am patiently just working on retirement one day. I know that God works in the tough situations I put myself in or it could be ,that here is where i was to be back all along. It is a mystery but He cares for me and Today I am Glad.....but, there is nothing hid that wont be open....revealed or shown...God Bless and enjoy ur freedom God gave us (his son's Blood) to wash our sins and be forgiven....Love in Christ tknchances

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 01:31 PM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TKN, WELL SAID

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 07:09 AM

Well it takes us all to make the wheel turn...doctors, trashmen, lawyers, cleaners, educators, students, etc....If one element is missing then the wheel won't turn. What I am sayingis is that we all need each other regardless of the status symbol. I feel the majority of women want to know the man they are interested in can provide for them. It doesn't have to be in a mansion. (I'm sure there are those kind that do want that) Depends on they type of woman you are interested in as to the response, I feel. Most women who are interested in servitude to the Lord would find your heart acceptable.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 07:38 AM

THANK U STRAWBERI, VERY INSPIRING :peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 05:01 PM

The Bible says,

Whatever you do, in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17

As long as someone is doing honest work, that is all that matters. Everyone is important. Every one deserves respect.

I find it difficult to imagine being married to a man who puts on a suit to go to work every day. My father worked in a power plant. My late husband worked in a warehouse and a wastewater (sewage) treatment plant. I respected and admired them both.

I hope this helps.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 02:02 PM

THAT IS A FANTASTIC RESPONSE JOY, U'VE MADE MY DAY. THANK YOU.:waving: