Author Thread: Well, I tried... :)
Admin

Well, I tried... :)
Posted : 8 Jun, 2020 12:03 PM

Hi everyone. I had this wild crush on someone I don't even know. I send her several messages, but she is never on her CDFF profile. I found her on Mingles, and she has never visited that site either. She is from South Africa, Centurion area, and apparently never visited her sites for a long time. I had a huge crush on a picture, and really prayed to God to make a way, nothing came of it. I'm slowly weaning myself from praying that God would make a way for me with her. I cannot find her to even message. So, could not find any connection at all outside of CDFF or whatever. I guess it's time to move on. Of course, if she ever replied to me "I'd jump" 50 feet in the air with excitement, but it doesn't look that good. This was a woman who I perceived by her profile that she might have thought she was not attractive. I thought she was hugely attractive. A white lady from Centurion, S.Africa. "God help me to get over the crush of just a picture, and direct me to my future wife, please!" Amen. It sure is painful when the heart wants someone to notice you so bad, but nothing comes from it. Painful, painful. Life, I guess.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2020 12:57 PM

Hi Zee. It's that rushing feeling of excitement when you stumble upon a potential match right?

Sorry you were unable to connect with her. The human heart just wants to connect badly and be understood. Valiant effort man.

People can forget their profiles in the busyness of life.

We won't have all the answers unfortunately. I'll skip the cliches and just acknowledge the pain you're going though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2020 03:42 PM

Thanks Dave! Sniff, honk, sniff, kleenex.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2020 04:16 PM

You are right about the forum, better in broken hearts. Mine has some hope in the brokenness though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 02:10 AM

I'm glad you're staying hopeful Zee. You're still in my prayers.

Do you have any plans to try any of the singles ministries in our city? We're in stage 2 of reopening now, so things might start picking up in the next few months.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 10:13 AM

Hi Dave. I went to one singles ministry that is Christian, last year, and I found a lot of people were divorced. I struggle with the scripture of divorce and remarriage. I have never been married, and I cannot see myself marrying a divorced person. I'd certainly be friends and such though.

Also, my landlord is Christian and single and we went, and I found myself out of place. I chatted with a few women, and I could tell one was interested in me, but there was no spark for me to her. Who knows? Are you connected to any of the single ministry's here? What do you think of them? How was your experience?

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 04:15 AM

Hey Zee. Your stance on doctrine is really respectable. I am also not a believer in remarrying after divorce.

That said, some got divorced before becoming Christians. There's also violence... For ex: I spoke with law enforcement last month and the wonderful gentlemen said one third of cases they have been called to during the covid-19 crisis were related to domestic abuse.

I personally would treat it from a case-by-case basis. Your position is very much appreciated though. Sorry you haven't found the right connection yet. Perhaps you may meet a match after covid-19 when some single ladies reorient their mindsets regarding their personal life/career in the near future

Unfortunately I don't fit the the age demographic of most of the single ministries in our city just yet! Most ladies in my age group are more interested in career-building at the moment. Leaving it in God's hands. Keep faithful Zee!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 04:01 PM

Brother Dave. I hear you. That is the part of divorce that I struggle with, when the spouses were not Christian, or domestic violence, safety issues. I still look at the Scriptures of Jesus though. Case by case. it must be so hard for divorcees. Yes, a lot of women may be rethinking their 'careers' in terms of what is so important and what will last eternally. Blessings...

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2020 06:43 AM

Yes, it's a struggle. People closest to us can potentially inflict the greatest amount of pain. In any case, yesterday I decided to quit CDFF for now. Small world indeed and great conversations we had! If we do pass by each other on the streets in RL, that would be funny. Take care Zee. Pray God will continue to lift you up as you heal and may he provide you the opportunity to meet someone that you can be sincere with.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2020 05:11 PM

Thanks Dave. I hope to see you back here, if you come back. If not, "God, give Dave a great wife," in Jesus' Name, amen.